Rosso Corsa engine paint finish

orangeokie

Guest bshpilot
Can someone confirm whether the Rosso Corsa has the crinkle or satin engine paint finish?

59077[/snapback]

it would be more a matter of the YEAR (its showing the '03 cross over pipe)

but from this distance it looks like the crinkle/bubble prone finish to me.

that said...heres MINE w/ the replacement cases (which look crinkle'd too...

and are reported NOT to bubble).

id suggest, where possible, that you stop buy a guzzi dealer and see the

current "satin" finish to cleary understand & know the diff.

Hard to tell from the picture, but those cases look similar to the replacement cases I got on my LeMans. They're not the wrinkle finish, but they're also not the smooth finish I've seen on other models.

All Rosso Corsas have the satin paint finish.

The one you found is a model which was never sold.

It is the factory image of the the first Rosso Corsa

which was used for images on www.motoguzzi.it.

Here´s an image of mine (the exhaust system is not the original one :) )

lima_deckel.jpg

The first crossover-pipe bikes were already sold in the mid of 2002 in Europe.

They also had the horrible wrinkle paint which makes so much problems.

The change to satin paint was made at end of 2002.

The satin finish is better but mine is flaking off the rear drive box.

Probably something to do the amount of wet and frosty miles the bike has done in its life so far.

My old 1100 Sport Corsa which I sold to buy my V11 had a satin finish that was perfect so I wonder why they changed it all?

GUY :helmet:

Guest riccardo casabene

Here´s an image of mine (the exhaust system is not the original one  :) )

lima_deckel.jpg

59103[/snapback]

Guest riccardo casabene

Here´s an image of mine (the exhaust system is not the original one  :) )

lima_deckel.jpg

59103[/snapback]

the only one problem i have got with wrinkle paint on mine 2002 v11 is thermal excursions on winter. never start the engine and then let the bike on the sidestand.wash the engine only with a sponge on your hand.nothing to do with the first series of scura and rosso mandello and their horrible finish.i have not problem in summer also,i am sending this mail from sunny sicily where i live,un lampeggio!

the only one problem i have got with wrinkle paint on mine 2002 v11 is thermal excursions on winter. never start the engine and then let the bike on the sidestand.wash the engine only with a sponge on your hand.nothing to do with the first series of scura and rosso mandello and their horrible finish.i have not problem in summer also,i am sending this mail from sunny sicily where i live,un lampeggio!

59134[/snapback]

My Rosso Mandello has wrinkle paint and no problems at all. I agree with washing with a sponge but I also use a steam washer to get bugs, grease, oil and tar off the engine. It is a cheap steamer (made in Italy!) and probably does not get the paint any hotter than the engine itself does when it is running!

My Rosso Mandello has wrinkle paint and no problems at all. I agree with washing with a sponge but I also use a steam washer to get bugs, grease, oil and tar off the engine. It is a cheap steamer (made in Italy!) and probably does not get the paint any hotter than the engine itself does when it is running!

You can try the Auto Glym products, they really do work WELL and Motorcycle Cleaner(pink tag) will take off any dirt (for harder stuff you can use the degraser).

My crinkle paint looks really rough, but has not affected the way the motor runs...so I try to keep bugs smashed all over it to hide it. Had a kid on a clapped out 'zuki he'd painted drunkenly with a broom ask me why it looked so bad...I told him his mom painted it. :grin: k

My crinkle paint looks really rough, but has not affected the way the motor runs...so I try to keep bugs smashed all over it to hide it.  Had a kid on a clapped out 'zuki he'd painted drunkenly with a broom ask me why it looked so bad...I told him his mom painted it.  :grin:  k

59185[/snapback]

i have a 2002 scura talk about crinkle.i had my guzzi dealer pull the motor out and i put paintstripper on it .lite hose and scrubingbrush,etchprimer then 2pak flat black. jobs right.

My old 1100 Sport Corsa which I sold to buy my V11 had a satin finish that was perfect so I wonder why they changed it all?

GUY  :helmet:

59108[/snapback]

For that matter, why did Guzzi give up on the very appealing (& I guess rugged: I've never seen any complaints about it!) anthracite grey finish used on the HiCams in the Centauros?

I can understand that they might have left it behind if it was very expensive to produce, but if the costs were only marginally higher, they should have stuck with it: it's a very distinctive look, adding to brand identity.

Anyone have an answer? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

:bike: