Price of ULP in Australia

mark.gilmore

Hi from Australia.

Just came to work this morning and paid $1.48 AU per litre for Optimax.Never been that high before, so whats the rest of the would paying if you dont mind. Gone up 20 cents per L in 4 weeks. Cheers Gilly. :bier:

59714[/snapback]

Sorry World. :homer:

On Sunday near Mount Palomar, I refused to pay $3.89.9 for 91, so I paid $3.49.9 per gallon US, for 87octane....At 10¢ per mile, just for gas, the rest of the bike is looking cheaper and cheaper.

Time for the gold plated pork chops and valve covers.

Mark, why do you run your bike Optimax? When we holidayed in Surfers we put regular in our BA rent a wreck and it worked OK. The gas we run them on here is our regular 91, my bike also runs faultlessly on the same stuff. Our 98 octane equivalent would be similarly priced to yours.

Rob

Guest PAULSMART

Here in the UK - Petrol is near £1.00 per litre or £4 per gallon, which approx is $7 per gallon..............

you boys have sure got it tough in the US !!!! :not:

Paul

you boys have sure got it tough in the US !!!! :not:

Paul

59729[/snapback]

And no speed trap cameras! :pic:

I don't know how you can afford to drive cars. :huh2:

The average Californian driver gets maybe about 20 mpg and drives maybe 20,000 miles, consuming 1000 gallons of gas annually or about $3000 instead of $1500 per year in 1999.

Somebody is getting rich.

Of course apartment rents have about doubled in the same time, too, but our salaries have not.

Meanwhile my bike is worth half of what I paid for it, despite the falling US dollar. I don't get it :huh2:

But on the bright side, now is a great time to buy a second Guzzi :mg:

Mark, why do you run your bike Optimax? When we holidayed in Surfers we put regular in our  BA rent a wreck and it worked OK. The gas we run them on here is our regular 91, my bike also runs faultlessly on the same stuff. Our 98 octane equivalent would be similarly priced to yours.

Rob

59726[/snapback]

Hi O2 V11.

I run 98 cause the bugger pings its arse off if I use 91 ,I can still get it to ping on 98 on a hot day. eg 35deg plus dogen it up to Gingers Creek around the 25k twisties :bike:

I'm running with 95 in France but 98 is also available.

Pric of 98 get up to 1.55 eur / L in a small station near home :!:

A month ago it was 1.23 :huh2:

I don't know how you can afford to drive cars.

Cheaper than bikes.

V65GT - ~50MPG, New tyres at about 6,000rear and 10,000 front, Pads every 9months

Peugot 206 - 70+MPG, tyres at about 30K (and half the price) Pads at 60K.

Bike paperwork costs (tax, test, insurance) ~ £200

Car paperwork costs ~ £60 (new so no test, free insurance for a year)

The only reason the bike actually wins is that there are no purchase costs involved any more. Plus it's more fun.

Buying new, it's no comparison - if you leave out the performance factor (allowing that you buy something that can keep up with traffic) cars are much cheaper to run.

mike

The answer to cheaper fuel

I can't believe how cheap they are - I ordered thirty litres of super unleaded and it was there, next day, left on my doorstep in 2 litre plastic bottles.

http://www.petroldirect.com/index.htm

Paul

59742[/snapback]

You might find that that is both illegal and invalidates your house insurance. Can't remeber offhand the amount of petrol you are allowed to keep on household premises but it's a ridculously small amount.

Not that it will stop me.....

mike

You might find that that is both illegal and invalidates your house insurance.  Can't remeber offhand the amount of petrol you are allowed to keep on household premises but it's a ridculously small amount.

Not that it will stop me.....

mike

59746[/snapback]

Ah.

Just read the rest of the site. I like the page on biofuels.

Hi from Australia.

Just came to work this morning and paid $1.48 AU per litre for Optimax.Never been that high before, so whats the rest of the would paying if you dont mind. Gone up 20 cents per L in 4 weeks. Cheers Gilly. :bier:

59714[/snapback]

I was in Bermuda last week and they're paying $6 per litre - it could always be worse.