Coppa Mans!

biesel

There are several on line hosting services - becareful what you enter if you do a search  :D

I use http://www.photobucket.com/

just sign in and upload, quite handy as it auto sizes your pics.

59833[/snapback]

1. Do you have to pay?

2. If I make a mess of it and use the wrong one will "Operation Ore" come knocking?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D -  I'd think they'd use their pass key

59835[/snapback]

Those police pass keys never seem to fit any of the keyholes. They try to get them in with commendable persistence, but always end up breaking the door.....

Indeed, that looks much better than the mini-faired version with that paint scheme IMHO.

The raised bars would be a welcome enhancement to many as well  :thumbsup:

al

59755[/snapback]

I think both looks are great.........but I think I might be a bit prejuidiced as to which one I prefer:)

v11.jpg

Drool, drrrrooool... :wub::P:

That is absolutely f---ing beautiful.

Jan, do the controls or handlebar interfere with the fairing at all? From the pictures it appears not, but the bar isn't turned much in any of the pics.

I think it's interesting to see the different opininions on the "Coppa Mans". On this forum everybody seems to like it and on the german forum what you see most is this: :vomit:

I quite like it, btw. But the higher handlebar looks crap behind the fairing imo.

I think it's interesting to see the different  opininions on the "Coppa Mans". On this forum everybody seems to like it and on the german forum what you see most is this:  :vomit:

You know, I've never really trusted the Germans to appreciate fine Italian styling anyway so this comes as no surprise to me. ;)

IMHO this is one drop-dead, gorgeous machine. :thumbsup:

REGOLE DI GUZZI!

I love that paint scheme, But I'm not a big fan of that fairing. Sorry guys it is so dated. Aprila has a great fairing on the Tuono and something like that would be great on a V-11. MG has to move on just like HD has to. Everyone cried when the V-Rod came out, how it wasn't a real HD and now with MG heading this way I'm hearing the same whining. :angry:

Let's face it with both brands we're talking about technology that was prominent during WW-II. With the Breva and now the Grisso, MG/Piagio is bringing technology into the brand without straying too far from the origional design. No easy task!

I LOVE :P: my Scura for what it is and 2 or 3 years from now when it's time to add to my stable I'd hate to find nothing but another variation of a V-11 to choose from.

Bring on more Grisso's and MSG-01's the money is waiting. :bier:

I love that paint scheme, But I'm not a big fan of that fairing. Sorry guys it is so dated. Aprila has a great fairing on the Tuono and something like that would be great on a V-11. MG has to move on just like HD has to. Everyone cried when the V-Rod came out, how it wasn't a real HD and now with MG heading this way I'm hearing the same whining.  :angry:

Let's face it with both brands we're talking about technology that was prominent during WW-II. With the Breva and now the Grisso, MG/Piagio is bringing technology into the brand without straying too far from the origional design. No easy task!

I LOVE  :P: my Scura for what it is and 2 or 3 years from now when it's time to add to my stable I'd hate to find nothing but another variation of a V-11 to choose from.

Bring on more Grisso's and MSG-01's the money is waiting. :bier:

59937[/snapback]

Um...

Aprilia's big bikes are some of the ugliest things on the road; that's why they don't sell up to their potential. They get rave reviews for their performance, etc., but mostly they're eyesores. The fact that Moto Guzzi actually goes to the trouble to design fairings that actually fair*, instead of producing styling exercises that offer only marginally less drag than the naked frame isn't "dated" or old, IMNSHO.

Only the idiots cried when H-D brought the VR1000 engine into their streetbike line; most of us were left wondering "What the he!! took'em so long?!?"

As far as your comparison w/ WWII tech: yes, the old pushrod OHV air-cooled engines used by Harley & Guzzi are largely 50yo technology. Doesn't make'em bad. Guzzi is the real offender in this regard, sticking with an "hemi" combustion chamber long after Harley moved over to a Ricardo-design "bathtub" chamber. That technology was 50 years old when Harley made the switch...20 years ago!** Look at what Buell has been able to coax out of the Sposta mill, which is a design only 10 years older than Carcano's V7!

You're right in that Guzzi must produce some innovation to stay afloat. Right now, they're innovating mostly on the styling front; once they're on more stable financial footing, Piaggio might let them innovate on the technological front more, but don't get your hopes up. I expect Piaggio is going to milk Guzzi for all it's worth while keeping them on a short financial leash, at least until some signs of long term viability can be established. In the meantime, don't sell their gearbox & driveline upgrades on the Breva & Griso short; by making these seemingly minor engineering changes, Guzzi has done more innovating than they did since developing the HiCam, and have done more to assure their future by eliminating the big raspberries the moto press has always given them for their clunky trannys and by fulfilling the promise of the "no maintenance" driveline that shaft drive delivers in automobiles.***

O.K, enough of that! Go ride!

:bike:

* That's right folks, you heard it here LAST: most modern sportbike fairings ain't particularly aerodynamic; look at the radically different appearance between the ones that are, like on the Hayabusa, from the ones that aren't [insert most any crotch rocket here. Or the Tuono, for that matter! ;)]

** Yes, I'll be honest: I'm practically dying to find some cheap Guzzi heads from somebody parting out their wreck, weld'em up & machine some pistons to get a "modern," efficient chamber design on my V11 and see what happens. I'm thinking better power & mileage & the chance to run regular, but it would have to wait for the timing module to become available for the PC3 or maybe a My15M in order to make it all work properly... :luigi:

*** Yeah, yeah, I know that should read LOW maintenance! Sue me...

It's true what you say about Buell and the ancient 45° HD Sport engine. The really impressive thing about the Firebolt was you could whack the throttle to the stop in top gear at 2000 rpm and the thing would just pull hard all the way without a trace of pinging.

I have just mailed with with Lorenzo Tramas, webmaster of www.tramas.it:

Hallo Lorenzo,

I have found a new image on your webpage:

http://www.tramas.it/pagine/foto/V11-foto/...(Ba)/zotti2.JPG

Is it possible to mount the Coppa Italia handlebar together with a Le Mans fairing

(without cutting the fairing)?!

No modification is not necessary. You move the handlebar in front of you in your direction, in this way you can turn the handlebar without that it gives annoyance. The handlebar grazes fairing but it does not give annoyance.

Manuel says this....

(sorry for my english...)

Bye

Lorenzo