2002 LeMans shifter Pawl Spring

Jim Malm

On a related note my, when riding my 02 LeMans, suddenly I'm missing many shifts. Ususlly 3rd gear but others as well. Anybody seen this symptom?

61427[/snapback]

Yeah.

B*ld*ni,

Friday night, Erin Rally, June.

– say no more.

Already asked this on another thread, but where can I quickly get hold of a Racecraft spring so that my dealer and I can campare it with the original, and possible get a professional engineers' assesment too.

Maybe we should have a poll along the lines of what is/is not acceptable to us as "character", or what constitutes a true "defect"?

I think it may be interesting, as I am feeling progressively less isolated on this one.

Already asked this on another thread, but where can I quickly get hold of a Racecraft spring so that my dealer and I can campare it with the original, and possible get a professional engineers' assesment too.

61436[/snapback]

I had "Bonnie" ship me one and had it in two days (states). I don't know if she will send to NSW... Is this something you want one of us US types to do for you??

Shouldn't be too bad if it goes regular Air. Let me know, if you need help on this.

:mg:

If she sends to NSW, Windchill's in trouble unless he can swim like a salmon. He's in Wales as in Western Britain.

Windchill, why feel isolated? You have one opinion, somebody else has another- so what? We all love our old warhorses, if we disagree on some issues, what difference does it make? The main thing, to me, is that we CAN have different opinions and still share our enthusiasm and experience with each other.It would be a bloody boring forum if we all agreed all the time.

If you want a slagging, call yourself Enzo. :D (Where is Enzo, anyway? I miss his ramblings)

but where can I quickly get hold of a Racecraft spring so that my dealer and I can campare it with the original, and possible get a professional engineers' assesment too.

61436[/snapback]

Never mind comparing the blessed springs. Make sure you've got the right size of pawl arm boss and a standard Guzzi spring or bigger boss and the revised big coil spring. Or fix the broken spring as a temp. measure.

Get it on, get it together and get it in gear. :race:

Maybe we should have a poll along the lines of what is/is not acceptable to us as "character", or what constitutes a true "defect"?

I think it may be interesting

61436[/snapback]

B*ld*ni has already been insulted. Now you're starting on Martin Barrett and BigJ too.

Trouble's brewing.

.... where can I quickly get hold of a Racecraft spring ...

I have a spring that Carl sent from the States which maybe "Racecraft" - Carl??? I will send it if you want (FOC). PM me an address. But as BFG says the springs break because the pawl arm boss is oversize.

KB :sun:

Now you're starting on Martin Barrett

Trouble's brewing.

61447[/snapback]

:huh2:

I thought I was the trouble maker.

I'm going to come off the group W bench and sit on the fence (hope its's a strong one)

My Lemans is my first Guzzi and my first brand new bike. It came from a multi franchise stack 'em high dealer. This dealer is the same distance to me as two other dealers as I found out when the AA collected it when the rear shock eye snapped. Other problems I've had have been the headers cracking, rear wheel bearing, oil light switch and neutral light switch. All were attended to under warranty. Oh I forgot the LHS mirror which I did myself.(all extensivly detailed on this site and I will add in the links)

I had hoped that it would a trouble free experiance being new and I had percieved Guzzi to have a reliable reputation, given dodgy electrics were a thing of the past. I now know that this is not quite the case.

I've done 16,000 miles before my warranty expired, so perhaps I've been lucky and exposed these whilst it was still in force. It depends as if they are recuring faults. I suspect the wheel bearing may be, noticed a very slight knock the other day :( hopefully will last the 2k miles left on the tyre. But thanks to this site I know what to do if the spacer is short.

likewise I've had mixed results with the dealer, some he will blame on the Guzzi set up and parts supply, other aspects of his customer care and attention could have been better.

So there it is. I not unnaturally expected more than I got, but I don't raise a stink about it, and just get on with it.

My character defect - Stoically easy going

Whats worse if I could I'd sneak a Sporti into my garage as well :) (some people never learn)