silver / aluminum engine paint

Guest gsd98ewo

Guest gsd98ewo

does anyone have a good specification for silver engine paint that matches the 2000 v11s engine? i put a scratch in my valve cover and thought i might try to touch it up before i buy a new one. thanks!

does anyone have a good specification for silver engine paint that matches the 2000 v11s engine?  i put a scratch in my valve cover and thought i might try to touch it up before i buy a new one.  thanks!

61064[/snapback]

Eastwood ( www.eastwoodcompany.com )makes a silver that is very close( ALUMA-BLAST' part #1254Z) but requires clearcoating(DiamondClear' part# 10197Z) for durability. It's not quite as 'amber' as stock but much closer than shiny aluminum.

!!! & where the f*@&/n hell have you been???? Welcome back Docc!! :thumbsup:

KB :sun:

61076[/snapback]

I feel like a cat burgler, sneaking in here on my son's internet access. But, hey,I kind of like it . . . like explianing to Trooper Royce that the bike just does 80 mph and any happy bloke 'll just hang on for the ride.

I don't know how long this PC will last but I sure miss this community of riders! :drink:

I guess it's telling that I can keep an old Goose on the road ( almost 40,000 miles on the y2k Sport) but the PC's elude me. :huh2:

I had a touch of rash on one of mine last year and chose to have it polished out instead of painting or buying a new one. It's been a year now and there has been no up keep (maybe not as bright but still looks nice) :thumbsup:

DSCF1797.JPG

I had a touch of rash on one of mine last year and chose to have it polished out instead of painting or buying a new one.  It's been a year now and there has been no up keep (maybe not as bright but still looks nice) :thumbsup:

61102[/snapback]

Wow! Very nice indeed! :notworthy:

Try Goodson aluminum last blast, part #alb-1. It's non smudge, heat proof, non clear coat, and most importantly, is a very close color match.

You really don't want to spend all that money on a new tappet cover because of a little scratch do you? Actually, the silver is going to be a piece of cake. It's retaining the red lettering that will be tricky.

Golly Docc, 40,000 miles! This is a good thing.

Ciao, Steve G.