Medical Question

Mike Stewart

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mike,

It's ggod to get a bottom line on your injuries. You can't believe the number of people who go on hurting and won't follow through to get a thorough diagnosis.

Definately the fractures will benefit from being as immobile as possible. Some getting around will help stimulate healing but lay off the bunjie jumping for 4-6 weeks. Again, bone heals very, very well. It's the ligaments that take so long and will determine the degree of difficulty you'll have in the future. Plan on a regular series of visits with your Chiropractor for the  months to come.

Vitamin-mineral supplements are extremely beneficial especially in the first three months. Plan on taking 3000 mg vitamin C daily to promote the knitting in the connective tissue. (DON'T do this if you're on a Beta blocker med). Make sure the C has a bioflavinoid. If the C makes you queazy or gives you diarrhea, you're getting too much.

Take also a good quality multi mineral supplement. Bones are made of the stuff.

Take good care yourself and you'll be back in saddle in no time! :bike:

61826[/snapback]

Docc,

Thanks for all your advice :notworthy:

My wife is a RN (labor and delivery) and can't believe how spot on you are with my injuries.

I have an appointment with a orthopedist next week to review the xrays and to have a second opinion.

Thanks,

Mike

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic