TRAITOROUS BASTARD!!!!!!!!!

v50man

Hi fellows.

Next doors got a XB12R, Keeps it in my shed cause his wont lock. Nice bit of gear. BUT something happend to the cluch. Some thingmebob on the cluch cover. So new cluch cover required,Its been on back order for 8 weeks now :2c:

Having to push them in and out of my shed for 6 months I noticed the Scura is much easyer to push around,Seems to be better balanced.Just thought I'd through that in for free.

Me,I think the Guzzi rules over the Buel

Cheers

Gilly :bier:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nogbad
Maybe it's just a compensatory reaction.

See -- 5 weeks ago -- after coming down with a nasty flu-like sickness -- I put down the cigarettes for the first time ever.  We're talking over 20 years of 2 + pack a day smoking -- DONE!

The poster child for chain smoking Type-A schmucks just up and quit.

I like women (approximately) my own age, so I'm gonna keep the sweet redhead who fixes me coffee every morning and puts up with my eccentricities.  Gotta do something else.

Ahh -- a Buell!  Yes -- indeed -- the answer.  No.

I just love the damn XB12.  While at the dealer today, I sat aboard a Multistrada.  May as well have mounted a grandmother.  No feeling.

Remember, guys -- I own two Guzzis and a Ducati.  This ain't about NEED.

Now, were I jonesing for a Corvette, I think my malady would be clear as day...

V50

61682[/snapback]

Sorry, wasn't here to offer support when needed. Been working away and then getting married (2nd time) this weekend.

Anyway, GO FOR THE BUELL. You are not afflicted at all, and I think a liking for V11s, (A rorty and unusual V twin) is not that different to a liking for Buells.

Sorry, wasn't here to offer support when needed. Been working away and then getting married (2nd time) this weekend.

Anyway, GO FOR THE BUELL. You are not afflicted at all, and I think a liking for V11s, (A rorty and unusual V twin) is not that different to a liking for Buells.

61890[/snapback]

:2c:

My Goodness, all this talk about some poor misguided soul who has a feeling that he should go over to the dark side.....sigh,

l still think it's a case of you want what you cant always get, ( yeah , like my day dreams about that certain 6 ft supermodel with the legs that go on forever and the great big set of..............) ah sorry, got carried away there for a second.

Anyway, l'ts kinda like, that, this side of the pond Harleys are a dime a dozen, and in other parts of the globe they are "oh my God! so exotic"

Go for the Buell my friend :D But don't forget that no amount of U.S. V-twin, even wrapped in an Italian made frame, can EVER compare with a true classic like "our" proper V-11's :helmet:

:mg: Guzzi's Rule !!

:bier:

Cheers,

Van,

Tenni #125

:2c:

My Goodness, all this talk about some poor misguided soul who has a feeling that he should go over to the dark side.....sigh,

l still think it's a case of you want what you cant always get, ( yeah , like my day dreams about that certain 6 ft supermodel with the legs that go on forever and the great big set of..............) ah sorry, got carried away there for a second.

Anyway, l'ts kinda like, that, this side of the pond Harleys are a dime a dozen, and in other parts of the globe they are "oh my God! so exotic"

Go for the Buell my friend  :D  But don't forget that no amount of U.S. V-twin, even wrapped in an Italian made frame, can EVER compare with a true classic like "our" proper V-11's  :helmet:

:mg:  Guzzi's Rule !!

:bier:

Cheers,

Van,

Tenni #125

61912[/snapback]

Well said, friend. :drink:

Hi fellows.

Next doors got a XB12R, Keeps it in my shed cause his wont lock. Nice bit of gear. BUT something happend to the cluch. Some thingmebob on the cluch cover. So new cluch cover required,Its been on back order for 8 weeks now :2c:

Having to push them in and out of my shed for 6 months I noticed the Scura is much easyer to push around,Seems to be better balanced.Just thought I'd through that in for free.

Me,I think the Guzzi rules over the Buel

Cheers

Gilly :bier:

61859[/snapback]

Mark,

What you're feeling there is the "mass centalization" of the Buell, which makes the bike 'feel' unbalanced when being pushed around. I sense that too when pushing the bikes around - my XB9S feels unbalanced compared to my Lemans, even though it weighs 100 lbs less. Similar to a tight-rope walker carrying a pole - by distributing the mass it makes 'balance' easier. But I assure you, the Buell handles great in the twisties. Of course, the LeMans handles great also.

Tim

Guest Nogbad

Surely the thing to do is to keep your V11, and get a Buell. But, there should be no shame in wanting a change of bike if you crave alternative experience. Why not.

I think the Buell is innovative and is a really nice ride on real roads. You US people should stop slagging off your home grown products!

God in heaven, America has little else in the automotive sense that is worth driving or riding!

Guest ratchethack
God in heaven, America has little else in the automotive sense that is worth driving or riding!

Yeah, but only for the past 75 years... :homer:

Guest Nogbad
Yeah, but only for the past 75 years...  :homer:

61965[/snapback]

GWB needs the tax dollars, so why doesn't he adopt UK gas prices and let the innovation commence...?

Guest ratchethack
GWB needs the tax dollars, so why doesn't he adopt UK gas prices and let the innovation commence...?

Well, y'see, we're trying to at least "keep up appearances" (isn't that something the Brits invented? :P ) of something at least remotely resembling a "market economy" here. (Guffaw, snort!) :grin:

Guest Nogbad
Well, y'see, we're trying to at least "keep up appearances" (isn't that something the Brits invented? :P ) of something at least remotely resembling a "market economy" here.  (Guffaw, snort!) :grin:

61971[/snapback]

Yes. Stiff upper lip and all that chaps. But you Americans don't like the attendant decline into genteel poverty. It's a bit harder to keep up an appearance of a go getting economic powerhouse if the products ain't there.

I don't know why sales taxes are considered such a no-no. For right wing economists, all tax should be at the point of consumption. Ok, it hurts the poor, but you are doing that anyway.

Don't get me started.

God bless Eric Buell....some one that can think past eagles and chrome and nostalgia

for something that never really did exist except in a couple of very bad movies.

Hey ERIC! Put that V-Rod engine in there. (I can't be the only one thinking this)

The wifes #3 son is sales manager @ a huge HD shop. He says the HDs aren't so

bad now days and I agree. He just hates the "Gay Pirates" (his words) he has to

deal with. Nasty mean guys with tattos and swastikas doing 40 mph in a 45 zone.

I'd rather come upon a grandmother in a mini van pulling a boat.

At least she'll have the sence to pull over and let me by.

Don't get me started.

God bless Eric Buell....some one that can think past eagles and chrome and nostalgia

for something that never really did exist except in a couple of very bad movies.

Hey ERIC!  Put that V-Rod engine in there. (I can't be the only one thinking this)

The wifes #3 son is sales manager @ a huge HD shop. He says the HDs aren't so

bad now days and I agree. He just hates the "Gay Pirates" (his words) he has to

deal with.  Nasty mean guys with tattos and swastikas doing 40 mph in a 45 zone.

I'd rather come upon a grandmother in a mini van pulling a boat.

At least she'll have the sence to pull over and let me by.

62032[/snapback]

Ahh the V-rod. Barely keeps up with a V-Max(1983-ish??), if I recall the specs right...But, I agree- with the exception of rediculous pricing for what you get and an unbelievable amount of marketing hype, the big H-D is finally starting to crank out some quality. :mg:

Hey ERIC!  Put that V-Rod engine in there. (I can't be the only one thinking this)

62032[/snapback]

Not the only one, but he won't do it. I cornered him at an event here in So.Cal. and asked him when H-D was going to let him use the VR motor in a Buell, & he replied that they'd love for him to do it, but he not going to. "Why?"

"Because that motor is too big & heavy! It's fine for a cruiser, but it's no sportbike motor! All the water cooling & pump & related paraphenalia means that thing weigh 50lbs more than the old Evo Sporty mill that my bikes are based on; I can't work with that kind of handicap..."

"Oh..." :doh:

Would Eric like to have some other, more powerful engine to work with? Mebbe. But not at the risk of giving up the old lump's compact size & reasonable weight. And Erik's done a good job of extracting a good bit of extra juice from what everyone (including Harley) assumed was a "completely mature" platform before he started in on it. Gotta love somebody who digs around in the backroom & turns up the forgotten pieces that have been gathering dust & says "Hey, what's up with this thing?"

:thumbsup:

Guest MotoMessiah

61962[/snapback]

This from a country that gave us Lucas electronics? We'll stop making cars if you stop doing the electrical stuff. :grin: