TRAITOROUS BASTARD!!!!!!!!!

v50man

Did it last night at work....

61762[/snapback]

Well you didn't need to explain that bit did you? We're all aware that criminals are rampageing far and wide, where they will, unhindered....

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did it last night but being at work couldn't save the picture

allready scourced Ryans post ( yes I'm that sad) to one last november on Vintage  Japanese Forum , Why aren't they in the shops by now? Oh I forgot I don't go into Harley dealerships.

THis is a good as time as any to dig out my " Two Fatboys together " photograph

If you're really lucky will take another at the NEC. Reminds me its Time to grow my winter coat. And must make sure the Guzzi T shirt is more prominent.

61762[/snapback]

Ha Ha! another secret Fatboy lover

Mine is being assembled tomorrow.

I hope I won't get in the way of too many hyperfast Guzzis when it arrives.

Guy :helmet:

Ha Ha! another secret Fatboy lover

Mine is being assembled tomorrow.

I hope I won't get in the way of too many hyperfast Guzzis when it arrives.

Guy  :helmet:

61764[/snapback]

No afraid not, thought it would make a good catch line and photo being a bit portly.

But there is a strange attraction towards the Road King, It's probably gravitational.

At least he's "looking where he wants to go"... 

Rj

61778[/snapback]

At least he's the only one riding on the correct side of the road.

Was it AN OMEN?

I took a ride outside of Atlanta this morning -- specifically on a route that would take me by Stone Mountain Harley-Davidson -- where dreamy Buell XB12R are housed in abundance.

Blow past the well-hidden (tucked away off the main) dealership -- see it only as I am passing it -- so I go a few miles north as I"m in no hurry. Ugly scenery, so I look for a place to turn around and head back toward the dealer.

On my left is a small shopping center with few cars in the lot -- and a couple of Hogs. I leisurely take a left across traffic -- do a lazy U-turn around the lot -- and as I approach the exit to the main thoroughfare at about 2 mph my front wheel starts sliding to the left as if on ice.

Bike goes down. What the f*ck happened?

Turns out a cheap sign made of plastic blew into my path and as the bike was leaned slightly to the right -- acted as a sled and took it right down. Freaky.

Just as freaky, a few seconds after I go down -- bewildered and pissed -- a Harley guy pulls into the parking lot and offers help. He saw from a stoplight and said there was nothing that could be done -- just plain bad luck. As we are speaking, the owner of one of the shops in the center (in full Harley regalia) comes out and offers help.

We right the bike -- see no real damage except a snapped off brake pedal (and I use the HELL out of my rear brake) -- a busted bar-end mirror -- and a slightly scuffed valve cover guard.

Both guys were very nice. The guy who rode up first and helped couldn't stop looking at the bike and smiling once we had righted it. "Beautiful" he kept saying.

Anyway -- at first I thought this would be a clear bolt of lightning coming from the sky telling me to stay away from Buells -- stop being such an infidel. But then these damn Harley guys -- the ones I laugh at frequently -- came by and were genuinely concerned and helpful.

I rode directly home and parked -- in no mood to look at bikes and not enjoying the Goose with just the front brakes -- and skipped the motorcycle shopping for the day.

The night before, however, I had a few drinks and -- whilst the sweet little redhead slept -- I put a bid in on a white XB9R with only 400 miles on it on ebay. Was I punished -- or rewarded -- today?

It keeps getting weirder and weirder -- but not weird enough for me yet..........

v50

the infidel who haunts Staedtler on a nightly basis

:helmet: