TRAITOROUS BASTARD!!!!!!!!!

v50man

Guest MotoMessiah
I quite fancied one before I got the V11. Took one for a test ride and that was enough to convince me personally never to get one.

Definately not convinced that quality is there compared to the Guzzi.

BTW, It was a 2002 model with a dual seat, cant remember its name.

I believe the bikes are getting better nowadays, but for me,there were too many issues for it to be considered as a viable alternative to the V11, which I admit I already had my heart set on.

61670[/snapback]

That was most likely the M2 or X1. Again the XB series, IMO, is spot on more reliable than any Goose. Fact. Whether it suits you fancy is another point. It's been difficult for Buell to shake their mantra. But given the sales of the Uly I'd say they're on their way.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope so, if only they'd use a more modern engine, I think they'd expand their customer base 10 fold.

But they deserve credit for their efforts to offer an alternative to the mainstream. I like a lot of their ideas, just think the execution could be better :2c:

v50man - if you want a Buell that bad, then buy one. You won't regret it - follow your heart. The XB series are pretty reliable and can be considered a more finished product than the 'tube-framed' S1/S2/S3/M2/X1 series. Having said that, my S1 has had no major issues in 21,500 miles.

Buell and Moto Guzzi appeal to me because of their 'feel', uniqueness, style and character. Both marques have that certain 'something' which has been engineered out of the machines sold by the mainstream volume manufacturers.

Maybe it's just a compensatory reaction.

See -- 5 weeks ago -- after coming down with a nasty flu-like sickness -- I put down the cigarettes for the first time ever. We're talking over 20 years of 2 + pack a day smoking -- DONE!

The poster child for chain smoking Type-A schmucks just up and quit.

I like women (approximately) my own age, so I'm gonna keep the sweet redhead who fixes me coffee every morning and puts up with my eccentricities. Gotta do something else.

Ahh -- a Buell! Yes -- indeed -- the answer. No.

I just love the damn XB12. While at the dealer today, I sat aboard a Multistrada. May as well have mounted a grandmother. No feeling.

Remember, guys -- I own two Guzzis and a Ducati. This ain't about NEED.

Now, were I jonesing for a Corvette, I think my malady would be clear as day...

V50

There is the Buell Blast which has been mentioned on other threads, and a good opportunity to tie them all in together.

00blast14t.jpg

Now I'm given to understand that it might be a bit of a beast and you might like to work up to it. I think you've probably got enough experiance to cope. but if you need further advice you can ask Joan

A handy online test of the Buell Blast

All this talk of Buells, in particular the statements about QC issues, archaic air-cooled motors and lack of mainstream marketing makes me giggle. Sound familiar to anyone else?!? Having owned a few different brands of bikes, (and only recently being able to FINALLY own a LeMans), it all sounds like almost everyone else talking about Moto Guzzis. Lots of people don't 'get' these bikes. Fine by me-save them for those who do and let the others have the water cooled sewing machines they desire. Not that there's anything wrong with any bike really. I just happen to like being able to pick mine out of the crowd. Just my :2c: ...

Guzzis Rule!!!!

Gotta go with Staedtler on this one. HD ownership is not to be enterred into lightly!

You might want to start off small...

Due to a higher volume of sales of clothing, accessories and other harley paraphernalia, and coupled with tight financial times that put a further squeeze on overpriced,under performing machinery, Harley Davidson has partnered with Proptronics to produce a specialty motorcycle

called "Stylin Iron". Proptronics is the company famous for making fake appliances that are used in model homes for purposes of show only. In a brilliant management decision, Harley Davidson decided to face the fact that the only reason most people buy their equipment is indeed as fashion accessory. By building a prop motorcycle, costs can be dramatically cut.

The new "Stylin Iron" will have the look and feel of a real Harley motorcycle and comes equipped with a recorded potato-potato synthesizer, smoky air pump to simulate exhaust and an adjustable rate oil leak.

The bike is priced at under $1200 and will be available for the upcoming holiday season.

The "Stylin Iron" is expected to be a huge success allowing fashion conscious Harley consumers to spend even more of their hard earned cash on leather, hats, jeans, Tshirts sunglasses, jewelery , leather dog vests and glasses along with related other junk. Engineers who have tested the "Stylin Iron" claim it performs just as well on the road given a suitable downhill grade and tailwind.

There is the Buell Blast which has been mentioned on other threads, and ....

A handy online test of the Buell Blast[/url]etc

61726[/snapback]

I knew you'd do that, you crazy googler.

The "Stylin Iron" is expected to be a huge success allowing fashion conscious Harley consumers to spend even more of their hard earned cash on leather, hats, jeans, Tshirts sunglasses, jewelery , leather dog vests and glasses along with related other junk.

61746[/snapback]

I belive that...besides, they're all trailered anyway :grin:

But don't get me started...last weekend i rode over to Luckenback along w/my buddy's 748...well, i cannot tell you how frustrating is to be stuck behind four or five of those bikes doing about 60 on those backroads, IT'S UNNERVING!!

not like me and my bud were hauling ass,... but 60? on those deserted back roads?? it's a f#$% waste!!

no wonder they bitch at about any other bike,...we had to fly past them after a couple of minutes (the 748 on one wheel)...at the watering hole (Luckenback) they give you dirty looks...(give me a f#$% break!!)

one Guzzi one Duc and about 20ish harleys...(again, what a waste of space)

sorry for the rant

I knew you'd do that, you crazy googler.

61750[/snapback]

Did it last night but being at work couldn't save the picture

allready scourced Ryans post ( yes I'm that sad) to one last november on Vintage Japanese Forum , Why aren't they in the shops by now? Oh I forgot I don't go into Harley dealerships.

THis is a good as time as any to dig out my " Two Fatboys together " photograph

9224fc51.jpg

If you're really lucky will take another at the NEC. Reminds me its Time to grow my winter coat. And must make sure the Guzzi T shirt is more prominent.