Quick disconnect on 03 LeMans

dmoon64

Ok, I'm trying to get the gas tank off. Instructions for the 03 say to remove the fuel lines from the pump at the quick connect thingy's.

Are these the Red and White lines that come out of the fuel pump on the right side? Both red and white fittings come out of a silver plate (assuming fuel pump) and make a 90 degree turn then there is a whitish plastic bolty looking thing then black plastic then fuel line.

How does the "Quick disconnect " part work. I'm pushing and pulling and moving but nothing seems to give. Am I in the right area?

Also there are two hoses connected to the tank up under the tank. These have no type of connection so where and how do they come off.

Well I'll be hanging around for awhile. I was hoping to get this finished tonight.

Thanks for any suggestions

Cheers :bier:

I couldn't get the push together and then pull apart to work, so I ended up using an open spanner to just put a little leverage to pop the lines off.

There are two electrical connector boxes

and I think I only had the one vent tube to disconect though there were two nipples

Thanks Martin! As soon as I put the spanner on it popped right off.

Thanks.

Darryl

61789[/snapback]

I hate to say it, but I just push / pull, push / pull like a maniac and the thing comes off. I'd really prefer a threaded coupler and manual fuel tap.

I give this thing about 5 years and then it'll crap out.......

A quick search for "disconnect" returns:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...4&hl=disconnect

Also, check out page 2 of this thread with the attached photo and directions:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...=retrofit&st=15

I think the "hybrid" answer from both experiences is to gently push the hose toward the quick-connect to relieve some pressure on the fitting, then push the gray collar toward the hose(away from the disconnect) while pulling on the hose away from the fitting.

But mine come off easily by just a slight pull on the hose while pushing the gray collar away from the fitting.

al