Need V11 Tank protector

FJR05

... no specific suggestion on locating a "MG" branded one, but I recommend the "Tank Slapper" brand protector.

http://www.thetankslapper.com/

61813[/snapback]

I agree with Al. I have the 3M material tank protection on my Rosso Corsa and you can't even tell it's there. Great protection.

That tankslapper stuff is just what i am looking for, Can anyone give me advice on how to remove the carbon fibre effect stickies that the previous owner put on the tank sides without damaging the paintwork, sorely tempted just to rip them off.

Gary :mg:

That tankslapper stuff is just what i am looking for, Can anyone give me advice on how to remove the carbon fibre effect stickies that the previous owner put on the tank sides without damaging the paintwork, sorely tempted just to rip them off.

Gary :mg:

61822[/snapback]

Hairdryer?

Softens the adhesive so can be pulled off.

Hair dryer to remove old protectors

To protect my tank I am using frisk film , a thin transparent low tack plastic film, usually found on goods with glass fronts to protect scratching. bought from art shops

approx £7 5m long 30cm wide.

Hair dryer done the job, tank looks much better, will get some of that clear protective film tomorrow.

Gary :thumbsup:

61870[/snapback]

I'm glad it worked. I've not been able to test it myself as I don't have a hairdryer. Always been a bit superfluous :)

Guest Nogbad

Does no one think that a bike becomes more attractive as it develops the patina of wear associated with age and enthusiastic use?

I quite like the idea of my bike gradually decaying to a well maintained but cosmetically worn rattiness as the miles and years accumulate.....

I heartily agree, good Sir Nog. Although it's great to see a clean, beautifully kept bike, I kinda like the little marks and wear and tear on mine.

I couldnt believe how clean BFG and Baldinis bikes were at the Erin rally.

Christ, mine wasnt that good when i bought it out the shop.

Guest Nogbad
I heartily agree, good Sir Nog. Although it's great to see a clean, beautifully kept bike, I kinda like the little marks and wear and tear on mine.

I couldnt believe how clean BFG and Baldinis bikes were at the Erin rally.

Christ, mine wasnt that good when i bought it out the shop.

61902[/snapback]

The big problem with the "concours" mentality is that you start to see the thing as an ornament and not as a machine to thrill you getting from A to B. It does in fact rain, and I need the mental freedom to ride when it's wet!

(Also, I don't want to spend all my time skivvying with rags and Mr Sheen or risk psychological damage when I eventually throw it down the road on its side!)

Guest ratchethack
Does no one think that a bike becomes more attractive as it develops the patina of wear associated with age and enthusiastic use?

I quite like the idea of my bike gradually decaying to a well maintained but cosmetically worn rattiness as the miles and years accumulate.....

Ah, yes - a gracefully aging, yet well-maintained Guzzi proudly wearing the soft patina of many well-traveled miles is a thing of ageless beauty. :wub: That's one thing. But IMHO, it's quite another thing if she's obviously been "rode hard and put away wet" her whole life like a ten dollar whore. Then...well, she's merely a pitiful thing... <_<