Vitamin C: help for JRT

belfastguzzi

Does it come with a waxed cotton Belstaff, a flat cap, beard and pipe?

62340[/snapback]

I can supply those myself, thank you.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a letter from the insurance company tonight, when I got home. They've refused me life insurance.

S'pose the sensible thing is to get sensible:MVC920F_010.JPG.jpg

62333[/snapback]

I initaly thought you'd posted one of these

corgired.jpg

I could under stand Life insurance being refused if you where going to comute with it*.

*It's a corgi, civilian version of the Paratroopers bike. Comute - jump out of aeroplane ride the bike - mental picture akin to Slim Pickens at the end of Dr Strangelove.

I initaly thought you'd posted one of these

corgired.jpg

62346[/snapback]

Wow, hold the press– you got a photo of a GHOST, Martin! Look, behind the motorbike.

Don't suppose you know David Ackles either?

'Montana Song' – a masterpiece

62332[/snapback]

Not familiar with Ackles...but after reading a bit, it sounds like I'll have to pick up one of his albums.

Not familiar with Ackles...but after reading a bit, it sounds like I'll have to pick up one of his albums.

62398[/snapback]

It has been extremely hard to come by, over here anyway. Thanks to this surge of interest (isn't V.11 Forum marvelous) I've just checked Amazon UK and there are a few cds now, I'm don't think there were when I previously looked, so things are looking up – must get the credit card out.

I got the fabulous American Gothic back in the days when I had a life. That was 30 years ago.

Found a vinyl copy.  Might just have to buy it......

62422[/snapback]

On the web?

D.A. has never shown up on UK iTunes Store. I have just tried the USA Store – and there is some stuff. Unfortunately I can't get at it. 'Road to Cairo' is something that I've wanted.

You should check it. You might hate it. Montana Song isn't there though

Try here If you don't have iTunes I guess it won't work.

If you get there, sample:

Waiting for the Moving Van

Love's Enough

One Night Stand

Another Friday Night

My record player & records are packed away, otherwise I'd make a file and send it. If you are really going to Montana? Maybe that was just some sort of code, or rhyming slang? Did you go and have a banana?

edit: I've made my order through Amazon now, so that's that.

Guest ratchethack
If you are really going to Montana? Maybe that was just some sort of code, or rhyming slang? Did you go and have a banana?

No, he's not really going to Montana. But we now know that his musical tastes ventured into the "unusual" :o circa 1970. :lol:

Uh, Montana referred to the late great Mr. Zappa. While I have been through Montana, I did not- in point of fact- have either a banana nor dental floss that I know of.

I'll get the song and...make it available to you. Check your mailbox tomorrow. BTW, for most music downloads, I've been using www.allofmp3.com (btw, they don't have any D.A.- I looked). It's Russian and it shows. Apparently, they don't have to pay much of the royalties that the rest of the world does, so song downloads are unusually cheap and still legal. They've gotten 75 or 100 bucks from me and no weird charges have shown up on my CC, so it looks legit.

And I dig the vinyl. I just ordered a couple more old jazz and blues albums. I'm a luddite in the grand tradition. I still use tube amps. And horn speakers...And I drive a Guzzi. :mg:

It all comes back to Guzzis and gas.

No, he's not really going to Montana.  But we now know that his musical tastes ventured into the "unusual" :o  circa 1970. :lol:

62433[/snapback]

I even went and saw the man in about '81 or '82. Dayum, he's a god. Oh, wait- Dayum he was a god. A cranky, difficult god. Much like my cat, actually.

Uh, Montana referred to the late great Mr. Zappa.

62434[/snapback]

:homer: Zoot alors etc

dental floss

62434[/snapback]

:homer: !!but I already have my dentures parceled up and ready to send ya! Hot rats!!

Guest ratchethack
...vinyl...old jazz and blues albums...a luddite in the grand tradition...tube amps...horn speakers...I drive a Guzzi...

Yeah, there's a pattern here alright.

Amid the absurdities of Popular Kulture, thou art called to nobility, even as the chaff is cast into the wind... ^_^

Amid the absurdities of Popular Kulture, thou art called to nobility, even as the chaff is cast into the wind... ^_^

62524[/snapback]

That seems to be true, but Helicopter'The Bard'Jim is the only one that I've noticed slipping in a Shakespeare quotation as yet. Pearls before swine. :glare: