Vitamin C: help for JRT

belfastguzzi

We've thrown pointed jagged posts up. We have written tender letters of support. It has always been honorable. There has been no blood, no real animosity. It is in those words that I have quietly slipped in Hemingway.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully, Sir Robert Peel isn't 'available' to post in Tech Topics an explanation of why he still uses dino oil in his V.11

"Sir, I would fain hope, that although the course which I take is an unusual one, yet that I am acting in conformity with the general wish of the House, in availing myself of the very earliest opportunity of giving that explanation which at no remote period the House will require from me. I would fain hope that I am not obstructing the course of this discussion upon the Address by giving that explanation at this period. But, if no consideration of public advantage could justify me in taking this course, I am sure the generous feelings of the House will deem it only natural that I should desire that not a moment should elapse before I explain to the House the motives by which I have been actuated, and the principles which have governed my conduct. I may feel hurt at having been the object of much accusation upon vague surmise; I may think it unjust to have been condemned without a hearing - I say nothing upon that head; if any momentary feelings of indignation were aroused, the recollection of great indulgence and of great confidence was quite sufficient to efface those temporary feelings. I shall make no allusion, therefore, to particular expressions, or particular accusations; but this I do ask, even while I do not require the reversal of the sentence; I ask for the opportunity, after condemnation, of explaining the motives of my conduct. I ask you to listen at least with patience and indulgence to those facts and that evidence which I shall this night adduce, and which will form the materials on which other tribunals, judging under less excitement, will ultimately pronounce upon the motives and the conduct of men charged with deep responsibility in critical times...

My own opinion was founded upon the evidence which I shall now adduce; and it was impossible, upon that evidence to come to any other opinion... I came to that conclusion; and I was adduced to advise that unusual - not unprecedented, but I admit unusual - course, upon the following considerations.

I will proceed first to an explanation..."

-_-

Guest ratchethack

Say Belfast - Thanks so much for the reminder that among the many debts of gratitude we Yanks owe you Brits, the gift of the filibuster is one of the foremost... <_<:P

Then of course there's the art of contradiction:

"Democracy means government by discussion, but it is only effective if you can stop people talking."

- Clement Atlee

:homer:

Thankfully, Sir Robert Peel isn't 'available' to post in Tech Topics an explanation of why he still uses dino oil in his V.11

"Sir, I would fain hope, that although the course which I take is an unusual one, yet that I am acting in conformity with the general wish of the House, in availing myself of the very earliest opportunity of giving that explanation which at no remote period the House will require from me. I would fain hope that I am not obstructing the course of this discussion upon the Address by giving that explanation at this period. But, if no consideration of public advantage could justify me in taking this course, I am sure the generous feelings of the House will deem it only natural that I should desire that not a moment should elapse before I explain to the House the motives by which I have been actuated, and the principles which have governed my conduct. I may feel hurt at having been the object of much accusation upon vague surmise; I may think it unjust to have been condemned without a hearing - I say nothing upon that head; if any momentary feelings of indignation were aroused, the recollection of great indulgence and of great confidence was quite sufficient to efface those temporary feelings. I shall make no allusion, therefore, to particular expressions, or particular accusations; but this I do ask, even while I do not require the reversal of the sentence; I ask for the opportunity, after condemnation, of explaining the motives of my conduct. I ask you to listen at least with patience and indulgence to those facts and that evidence which I shall this night adduce, and which will form the materials on which other tribunals, judging under less excitement, will ultimately pronounce upon the motives and the conduct of men charged with deep responsibility in critical times...

My own opinion was founded upon the evidence which I shall now adduce; and it was impossible, upon that evidence to come to any other opinion... I came to that conclusion; and I was adduced to advise that unusual - not unprecedented, but I admit unusual - course, upon the following considerations.

I will proceed first to an explanation..."

-_-

62546[/snapback]

Eh?

This thread seems to have become mixed-up with the 'Catchy Girly Phrases for your number plate' thread.

:wacko: How could that have happened? :huh2:

..up.... tender....support....There has been no blood... I have quietly slipped in Hemingway.

62540[/snapback]

This thread seems to have become mixed-up with the 'Catchy Girly Phrases for your number plate' thread.

:wacko:  How could that have happened? :huh2:

62703[/snapback]

I thought we'd gone back to the Bag Balm thread :blush:

I thought we'd gone back to the Bag Balm thread  :blush:

62806[/snapback]

When I saw that I thought for a moment someone was suggesting Bag Balm for bearings, or as bevel drive lube. Don't tell Pete about it! He might change from rendered yak fat.

I thought we'd gone back to the Bag Balm thread  :blush:

62806[/snapback]

Big Balm? No, you must be thinking of the 'Big Medicine' thread, where Fatboy tells us about his Yamaha Bike Club tour up some mountain.

This thread is about Vitamin C

Oh yeah, it's the petrol tank – it combats vapor lock.

If it's JR's bike, just go straight for the rider, in which case it helps with 'the vapours'.