ROAD TEST GRISO TODAY

debidaph

handles better???????? <_>

I'm wondering if you're just used to the 'particular characteristics' of your Cafe Sport. Even with your stock Ohlins kit, the handling of a V11 requires some ....ahem..... planning ahead?

The motojournos are saying that the Griso performs more like bikes they're all used to riding. Should be a little more neutral feeling than your V11. Go give it another, perhaps longer try.

Can't wait to give it a go. Should be in the 'states by winter '08 ;)

I am not surprised at all that a well set up Ohlins shod V11 handles better than a Greaso, although I am sure hopefully that the Greaso handles ok.

Same deal with the Breva 1100- nice touring bike but it definitely does not handle as well as my V11.

Guy :helmet:

I am not surprised at all that a well set up Ohlins shod V11 handles better than a Greaso, although I am sure hopefully that the Greaso handles ok.

Same deal with the Breva 1100- nice touring bike but it definitely does not handle as well as my V11.

Guy  :helmet:

62520[/snapback]

Hmmm , I'm with dbdicker on this one.

Just sat on the Griso at Inmoto yesterday, and I reckon it's maybe 15-20 lbs heavier than my V11 with Mistral pipes. So figure almost the same once the Canestomy is performed :whistle:

But the REAL difference, will be the suspension, esp the rear. You can throw money at V11 susp (which is what Guzz did with the Cafe Sport :grin: ), but you can't get away from the relatively out-dated geometry. I read somewhere an R1 &GSXR1000 have approx 45% of wheelbase in the swing arm. A V11 is around 20% :angry: !! Plus no rising rate, so overstiff springs needed..

What this means is outhandling a Breva (which I've ridden on twisty roads for around an hour and a half) would be pretty easy on any V11 given better ground clearance (the Breva downs it's stand on one side fairly early) and slightly more muscle (no Euro3 pollution regs for the v11!). With one Caveat, if the road was smooth. The Breva was WAY better behaved on the kind of roads we have in the UK.

The other piece of geometry which will count against the v11 at the limit is front/rear weight distribution, again much nearer modern ideals on the griso/Breva.

The v11 FEELS fast, but my big fat (& ugly!)bee-em Adventure will walk away from it on the twisties, with slightly less power and 50lb more weight.

Bear also in mind, the Breva is set up soft, the Griso is allegedly firmer, and looks (according to action photos in lot's of tests) WAY better ground clearance than either Breva or Griso.

Racing a Fireblade the other day (I know, I know), I was right on the limits, not in terms of grip or clearance, but suspension control. A cafe sport would be better, but not enough (I suspect) to have stopped Fireblade boy sweeping round the outside on a bumpy bend stifling a yawn :huh2:

Anyway, I love V11s, cafe sport 2nd best one after the original green 'un, but let's not kid ourselves about time moving on, that's (part of) the V11 charm?

:2c:

The thing is that every V11 is probably a bit different than the next one in terms of set up- I have ridden a Breva 1100 and found it way too soft for my taste.

Have ridden against GS's in hillclimbs and usually beat them on my Guzzi.

I have an open mind about the Griso because I have not ridden one yet- I was just not sursprised about Debidaphs comments- someone who has actually ridden both bikes.

Guy :helmet: