Gearbox advice 2002 LeMans.

pete roper

I digested most of the spaghetti, but lost it :vomit: when it came to what was holding my stomach down...I mean, when it came to what was holding it in gear, and I don't have any more beer to wash the taste out :wacko:

I also have a disagreement with the anchovies, I mean the concentric adjuster. It is not a limiter, as first impressions indicate.

It holds the pawl arm in perfect equilibrium, or not, between the opposing spring forces, kind of like the balance of nausea and euphoria of a binge. :drink:

Do you think I could pass it off as an original Guzzi wiring diagram? The fact that the description is probably all wrong can only enhance its credibility.

I could flog it on Ebay to new Guzzistas, sucked in by the Breva and now looking for some memorabilia from the good old days.

Do you think I could pass it off as an original Guzzi wiring diagram? The fact that the description is probably all wrong can only enhance its credibility.

I could flog it on Ebay to new Guzzistas, sucked in by the Breva and now looking for some memorabilia from the good old days.

62781[/snapback]

Your English is too good to be orignal factory Guzzi techno writing:

So here, I re-wrote (actually google translated) a bilingual translation for you to enhance it herewith:

La leva dell'ingranaggio gira questo pllate che il patè tira il bac del braccio del dentarello ed avanti che gira l'anello del seeger che sposta le forcelle del selettore sugli alberi di ingranaggio che determina quanto lontano questa piastra si muove. È fissata al braccio malfamato del dentarello del preselettore strette di questo lad esso ingranaggio di i o nel neutrale e può sedersi nel fratempo in un neutrale falso.

The lever of the gear turns these pllate that the patè it pulls the bac of the arm of the dentarello and ahead that turns the ring of the seeger that moves the staples of the selector on the gear trees that determine how much far away this slab move. Gear of or in the neutral one is fixed to the malfamato arm of dentarello of the preselector tight of this lad it and can be based in the fratempo in neutral a false one.

The lever of the gear turns these pllate that the patè it pulls the bac of the arm of the dentarello and ahead that turns the ring of the seeger that moves the staples of the selector on the gear trees that determine how much far away this slab move.  Gear of or in the neutral one is fixed to the malfamato arm of dentarello of the preselector tight of this lad it and can be based in the fratempo in neutral a false one.

62875[/snapback]

:lol: Fab. At least the guys from Northern England will understand now. I was tempted to do the same with the Robert Peel speech last week, but wasn't sure what language to use :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

If I remove the cover, I assume I need to clean the mating surfaces and apply new sealant.

Is Permatex Hylomar HPF OK or is there a better choice when reinstalling the cover?

I just made it to 100 miles and feel the urge to check for the correct 15mm boss and to change to Redline.

Thanks,

Troy

If I remove the cover, I assume I need to clean the mating surfaces and apply new sealant.

Is Permatex Hylomar HPF OK or is there a better choice when reinstalling the cover?

I think that any sort of sealant will do. I've used various, including 30 year old (or thereabouts) Golden Hermitite, which I would use again.

Last time that I had the cover off it was by the roadside, so I put it back together without any sealant at all. It's still like that and has been ok. Try a smear of blue instant gasket. Or Permatex Hylomar HPF – whatever that is. :rolleyes:

I investigated my selector spring and

it looked free through the gears @ 8K mi.

Ordered a spring...it lives in my tank bag.

After inspecting the spring the cover went back

on with the adjuster out of whack...poor downshifting.

I was able to use a bisected 19mm wrench and adjust it on the fly.

The bisected wrench, spare spring and thier little baby ground down

allen wrench all live hapilly togeather in county tank bag in the village

of tool bag...

All this during my honneymoon days with the LeMans.

23K mi now and my tool bag looks more like something a witch doctor

would carry. All I need now is a bat wing and some goat blood and I can

take this thing anywhere,.....

Thanks all! :notworthy: Same symptoms sprung up for me over the past week. Recently added the Buell pegs and presumed I'd screwed up the adjustment. This by shortening the threaded-end connecting rod until the lever position seemed OK. Throw range seemed unaffected by the few turns I took up. First thought was the sloppy shifting symptoms occurred after, now I'm thinking they started before and have been degrading quickly (in spite of the Redline shockproof heavy). I'll try this fix over the weekend.

Try a smear of blue instant gasket. Or Permatex Hylomar HPF – whatever that is. :rolleyes:

It's good stuff- my current favorite general sealant because it is non-hardening and seals very well. :thumbsup:

It's good stuff- my current favorite general sealant because it is non-hardening and seals very well. :thumbsup:

I looked at the Permatex website. Grief: what-a-lotta-sticky stuff!