NCR Ducati

Admin Jaap

As the Brits would say: "Nice piece of kit":

ncr_millona.jpg

NCR Millona

Limited edition of 300 worldwide

Pro Italia is pleased to be your source for one of the most enticing motorcycles in the world; the 2005 NCR Millona. If any motorcycle can claim to be an "Italian exotic" it is this.

Like NCR's 100ONE before it the Millona is a contemporary racing/track machine made from the finest, lightest and efficient materials while at the same time eschews the complication of the current Ducati Superbike engines for an air-cooled twin motor, the current Ducati 1000DS, a descendant of the long line of intriguing and beguiling air-cooled Italian engines that drew us, and probably a lot of you, into the world of moto-exotics years ago. This engine remains accessible for those handy with wrenching and racing and is one of the finest and most mature engines Ducati has ever created.

The 2005 Millona is now available as a special order motorcycle, not quite bespoke, but essentially no two Millona will be the same as certain measurements on your bike will be made-to-measure, while other features such as bike color, wheel or exhaust or fork choices will be made by you.

Millona

engine: Ducati 1000DS (67,7 kw - 82 cv @ 8000 giri/min)

brakes: Radial 999R standard brake system, Braking Wave disks

forks: Ohlins 999R fork, 43 mm

suspension: Ohlins, set up by NCR

wheels: PVM Aluminum wheels set or MARCHESINI M10R Aluminum wheels set

fairing: Resin-glass fearing kit but with carbon fiber gas tank

bolts and fasteners: Standard Al7075 bolts kit

exhaust: Inox/Inconel full system by HPE

weight: 135 kg

accessories: Al 7075/Titanium footrests kit, Al 7075 fuel cap, Titanium rear stand and Titanium clutch cover. options: NCR silver color, custom color, NCR engine upgrade kit

Millona R

engine: Ducati 1000DS (67,7 kw - 82 cv @ 8000 rpm/min)

brakes: Racing Brembo mono block brake system, Braking Wave disks or Brembo disks

forks: Ohlins 999R fork, 43 mm with adjustable off set

wheels: PVM Magnesium wheels set or MARCHESINI Magnesium wheels set

fairing: Complete Carbon fiber fairing kit

bolts and fasteners: Full Titanium kit

weight: 125 kg

accessories: Al 7075/Titanium footrests kit, Al 7075 fuel cap, Titanium rear stand and Titanium clutch cover

options: Carbon fiber look, Drudi's color, NCR silver color, custom color, NCR engine upgrade kit

Millona ONESHOT

engine: Ducati 1080DS by NCR (97cv @ 8300 rpm/min)

clutch: Racing STM evoluzione , anti-chattering

brakes: Racing Brembo mono block brake system, Brembo disks

forks: Ohlins 999R fork, 43mm with adjustable off set

wheels: Marchesini Magnesium M10R wheels set or BST Carbon Fiber wheels set (when available)

fairing: Complete Carbon fiber fairing kit

bolts and fasteners:: Full Titanium bolts with DLC revestments

weight: 120 kg

accessories: Al 7075/Titanium footrests kit, Titanium fuel cap, Titanium front and rear stand, Al 7075 brake and clutch lever and Titanium clutch cover.

options: Carbon fiber look, Drudi's color, custom color, NCR engine upgrade with camshaft, Magnesium carter kit (available 10/05), Automatic Remapping by on-board CPU and Manual Remapping, external NCR engine starter

Upon placing an order, your hand-made motorcycle will be ready in 60 days. All bolts, fasteners, fittings, footpegs, clutch covers and the fuel filler cap are made by Poggipolini titanium.

Call or email Pro Italia Sales for details.

818 249-5707

sales@proitalia.com

It's not fair, that engine is so much lighter. But 125kg for a complete bike sounds incredible. Ducati builds 170/180 bikes arround this engine. But that's with lights and legal stuff, duoseater.

The bike did well in italian supertwin championship.

to compare, Aprilia RS 250 = 140 kg But without lights can be less.

MGS is heavier, but I think that it looks better.

MGSDuc.jpg

Any idea what the price difference is? (Academic question)

MGS is heavier, but I think that it looks better.

MGSDuc.jpg

Any idea what the price difference is? (Academic question)

62639[/snapback]

I wouldn't kick either one of them out of bed. Too bad neither Ducati nor MG are willing to build these bikes in number so the unwashed masses could afford one. I would think they would sell like hotcakes at an all you can eat fire station fund raiser.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I think it looks awesome. It seems hard to imagine it could be so light as I have a Ducati Monster and I know what the engine weighs. But paper won't refuse ink so who knows for sure what it weighs. I would certainly trade my Monster for one.

I need to translate the power to horsepower. I'm still a little rusty speaking French.

I recall that a Mr. Guareschi won the first SuperTwins race on the MGS. I don't know why he did not compete the rest of the season. He did trounce the NCR and Suzuki's though!

The Bimota DB5 with the same engine and a chassie optimized for light weight

is 156kg ready to run sans petrol. The chassie is built for maximum of 120 hp.

Perhaps 10-15 could be lost if a non-track parts would be removed but it is

still 140-145 kg.

120 kg sounds a bit on the low side :glare:

Bimota%20DB5%202005.jpg

well even in the pciture the db5 looks more heavy, jsut more things on it.

from 156 to 120,> all fastners and lot of other parts titanium, magnesium wheels, everything trimmed minimum.

When you have ever bought some titanium bolts, you know what that costs. I didn't :-) So my bike isn't 120 kg

But you see a lot of options for the light one, so what is counted in the 120 kg?

from same proitalia website:

:rasta::D:D

Financing

Financing a new NCR can make owning a motorcycle very affordable. We work with Household Retail Finance, Ganis Credit Corporation and many other banks to find the loan that is right for you.

Most loans allow accessories, apparel, service contracts and extended warranties to be included in your loan.

Please call or email Pro Italia Sales to receive an application by fax, mail, or email.

818 249-5707

sales@proitalia.com

Guest goffredo

I recall that a Mr. Guareschi won the first SuperTwins race on the MGS. I don't know why he did not compete the rest of the season. He did trounce the NCR and Suzuki's though!

62654[/snapback]

Money... That's why they did not do all the season.

I mean the Guareschis are reputed Guzzi Dealers in a small town. Their budget is quite limited and with no help from the Factory. They did only the first race of the Italian Supertwins for fun. And, when in Mugello, at the first race of the Italian Supertwins the MGS-01 was SOOOOO much faster than the Millona that it was almost embarassing. From lap one the MGS-01 did a separate race, with young rider Gianfranco waving at friends at the paddocks and so on...

And two weeks later it though it was just appropriate to discover the Assen Track for the first time with a third place at the Sound of Thunder...

G.

:mg::mg: MGS-01!! :mg::mg:

But you see a lot of options for the light one, so what is counted in the 120 kg?

They might have borrowed their scales from Honda.

The fact sheet for the CBR600RR says 163 kg,

out of the box from Japan (no ack, no coolant, no oils)

it weights in at 184kg!

Remove fairing, tyres and brake pads and we might get the 163 kg. :angry::bbblll: