Met new Triumph

Baldini

Had great mild autumn here so far. Out last week for a spin pulled up at a cafe next to a bike couldn't figure, unbadged...looked vaguely like MV/Aprilia styled R6...Very good looking bike. Turns out - new Triumph middleweight sportster. Bloke said he rode it full time, testing. Had put in 2kmiles so far that week (now there's a job). Bike had done 40k & there was another 5 doing same thing. It was on well scrubbed Pirelli Corsas & rider said it went very well: fast, powerful & torquey. Was hoping he'd want my riding impressions but the offer didn't materialise. It's a hell of a good looker & looks very strong & well figured. Sounds good too.

KB :sun:

Daytona_675_stpz.jpg

675 triple

Last months BIKE has a special on it and supplement. They were very impressed saying the first biking icon of the new centuary. Some have said that there's nothing new there but a collection all the top bits put together. The cynic in me believes that the praise might be the price of the scoop. But it sure does look nice and I hope for Triumph that it's as good as they say, They've now got a 6 month lead on the Japanese hope they can sustain it, thinks back to the RSV which was "the bike" for a while and has now become an also ran in this fickle world of newer,lighter, faster,better.

Had  great mild autumn here so far. Out last week for a spin pulled up at a cafe next to a bike couldn't figure, unbadged...looked vaguely like MV/Aprilia styled R6...Very good looking bike. Turns out - new Triumph middleweight sportster. Bloke said he rode it full time, testing. Had put in 2kmiles so far that week (now there's a job). Bike had done 40k & there was another 5 doing same thing. It was on well scrubbed Pirelli Corsas & rider said it went very well: fast, powerful & torquey. Was hoping he'd want my riding impressions but the offer didn't materialise. It's a hell of a good looker & looks very strong & well figured. Sounds good too.

KB :sun:

63508[/snapback]

Baldini . . . you need to get out and about a bit more. :D