Fairing out of whack

dmoon64

I recently dropped (violently) the LeMans on it's left side. This weekend I noticed the windshield is moved to the right. Is the fairing stay that holds the mirror prone to bending? And does anyone have an idea what a replacement might cost. How about a left clip on price if you have any idea. This little accident is getting more and more expensive.

Thanks,

Darryl

I recently dropped (violently) the LeMans on it's left side. This weekend I noticed the windshield is moved to the right. Is the fairing stay that holds the mirror prone to bending? And does anyone have an idea what a replacement might cost. How about a left clip on price if you have any idea. This little accident is getting more and more expensive.

Thanks,

Darryl

64374[/snapback]

IMO you will definatly need to remover the left, right and center fairing bits to see what was tweeked on the fairing support structure. If your going to "bend it back", it will take quite a bit of fource that you cannot apply with the fairing on. The support is pretty tough and may have to be removed completely to straigten at a shop that can hold it while being tweeked back.

Once the fairing is off, you should be able to take some measurments of fairing support with relation to the frame of the bike to ensure it is either true or munched. Removing the fairing will also allow you to see any additional damage you may have done with the drop. By your question, I assume you have bent your left clip-on and with that kind of force, a closer look at the damper and steering stops is in order at the very least :huh2: