It sucks being a Yank

Guest MotoMessiah

Guest MotoMessiah

I can't travel abroad without people yelling at me and flipping me off...

I have to deal with religious nuts here...

I have to deal with NTSC...

I have to deal with daylight savings time...

I have to order quality Buell aftermarket parts from England...

And to top it off I can't get this bike Moto Morini Cosaro 1200

Count yourself lucky. It sucks at times being a Yank.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

64704[/snapback]

After reading the latest test on a Buell (can't remember the magazine) I was suprised that the main American content was the motor and the design. The rest comes from Italy, China, Japan and other countries. If there were wood products they would probably come from Canada!!

Hey keep your chin up mate- you have a beautiful country with wide open spaces and plenty of room to ride!

Helen and I are booking a motorcycling holiday in the USA next summer- can't wait!

Do you buy your bits from Trojan Horse / Adrenelin Moto? They have some tasty stuff for Buells.

You must sort out those right wing religious nuts though! Closet gays all of them!

Guy :grin:

Guest Britcheflee

Hey, As a Brit living in the USA - California - I feel the opposite way to you!!!

I love riding here, there are great open roads, you can ride much of the year without being bundled up like trapper joe and everyone I have met so far on the road or on the web sites have been just great. Dunno why you are getting flipped off.....perhaps you might consider it is something YOU are doing?

Religious nuts are everywhere - most of the time I find you should best treat them like an amusing carnival side show - we have the same here in our small-ish town with their horrible messages against gays plastered on their trucks right on the roadside....just have to ignore it because the more you react the more they are encouraged.

Occasionally you have to leave your own country and go somewhere else to realize how good it is back where you live.

Not knocking the UK mind you, I dont mind the occasional visit but you couldnt pay me to go back and live there.

Lee

Guest Britcheflee

Sorry, I re-read your post about the flipping off and yelling at you....what country were you in where that happened?

Lee

Guest MotoMessiah
Hey keep your chin up mate- you have a beautiful country with wide open spaces and plenty of room to ride!

Helen and I are booking a motorcycling holiday in the USA next summer- can't wait!

Do you buy your bits from Trojan Horse / Adrenelin Moto? They have some tasty stuff for Buells.

You must sort out those right wing religious nuts though! Closet gays all of them!

Guy  :grin:

64707[/snapback]

Yup. I get 'em from Trojan and Hillbilly out of Germany. I really am more upset that the Morini and Super Duke won't make it State side. Damn strong Euro... :helmet:

Guest MotoMessiah
Sorry, I re-read your post about the flipping off and yelling at you....what country were you in where that happened?

Lee

64711[/snapback]

Spain. France. Mexico. Though I really was jesting in my post. I really am more upset that these gorgeous bikes won;t make there way here.

64704[/snapback]

I must be the only one in the world who doesn't "get" the Moto Morini -- everybody's gaga over it.

I find it ugly.

As regards quality Buell parts coming from overseas, perhaps this is because the Buells are more popular overseas than they are at home.

As regards NTSC, I think you just need a PAL. :D

Guest MotoMessiah
As long as you're aware of it.  Tell your friends...  ;)

Rj

64757[/snapback]

Ok. I guess in the someways it must suck being Canadian too. It's like living above a really good party that you weren't invited to.

Guest MotoMessiah
Wait 'til the bathtub overflows!!

64782[/snapback]

:grin: Given the "splintering" relationship between the two over 2X4's that may happen.

Ok. I guess in the someways it must suck being Canadian too. It's like living above a really good party that you weren't invited to.

64780[/snapback]

Actually we were invited.... we just have a better party going on... you know... with REAL beer!

Wish I could sympathize with your "universally hated by all" problem... as Canadians we pretty much get mugged by buxom young ladies in every country we go to.

Seems they know about the party too! You should visit sometime...

:D

Rj

(awww, we really love y'all, it's just so much fun YANKin' yer chain!) :)

64704[/snapback]

I know it must suck being the world's policeman. I look at it this way, better you guys than the former Soviet Union! If I wasn't your neighbor, I would probably be forced into speaking a very rough slang of Russian right now, and having to wait 15 yrs to buy a Ural, at 10 yrs salary.

I can relate with the rest of it. Except here, we get cheap V11 parts from the Buell dealer!

Ciao, Steve G.