*SCURA* gang hut

belfastguzzi

Guest Nogbad
by the way, I just broke four taps on the inner adjuster ring on my Sucks rear shock 'cause I'm way to strong and macho and used a colossal hammer. Is that worthy a bodge point??

I've also broken two small bones in  my hand, 'cause I got angry when I performed the above mentioned deed.

But thats ok, I've broken those before....

73085[/snapback]

Yes. Firstly, taps are hardened threading tools and unsuitable for use with hammers (hope you were wearing goggles) and secondly, having broken one or even two trying to use them as a drift ought to have told you something. To then go ahead and break two more is certainly bodging.

This bodge point is not for being strong or using a colossal hammer. Both things have their place. The bodge point is for using brittle tool steel taps as drifts. This is dangerous, and likely to damage the Sucks adjuster ring and thread, meeting the bodge point qualification of damage to the bike likely to worry a potential purchaser.

It is however a simple bodge, without the deep quality or offensiveness needed to earn a golden bodge point.

post-1630-1136453082_thumb.jpg

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:2c: ''ANY''man or woman who does not posess a full selection of brass drifts from 4mm to 25mm is a bodger..thats my point..

Yes. Firstly, taps are hardened threading tools and unsuitable for use with hammers (hope you were wearing goggles) and secondly, having broken one or even two trying to use them as a drift ought to have told you something. To then go ahead and break two more is certainly bodging.

This bodge point is not for being strong or using a colossal hammer. Both things have their place. The bodge point is for using brittle tool steel taps as drifts. This is dangerous, and likely to damage the Sucks adjuster ring and thread, meeting the bodge point qualification of damage to the bike likely to worry a potential purchaser.

It is however a simple bodge, without the deep quality or offensiveness needed to earn a golden bodge point.

Bodge_Point.jpg

73196[/snapback]

Guest Nogbad
:2c: ''ANY''man or woman who does not posess a full selection of brass drifts from 4mm to 25mm is a bodger..thats my point..

73202[/snapback]

What I don't understand is why some people seem to be actively seeking my bodge points!

Bodge_Point.jpg

73196[/snapback]

Yes, I see your point (sic). Since it is true that this dastardly deed is not going to worry any purchaser in the future (cause I'm not sellin') I will, with this humble contribution to this excellent forum, stand back and leave this bodge point alone, to be collected by someone more worthy. The time is not ready, I think, for me to acknowledge myself as a bodger.

I will still take this with me, in my soul, as an inspiration to aim higher. My voice will once again be heard when a Holy Golden Bodge Point is more within my reach. It wont be long since I, among other potential bodges, plan to adjust the valves by myself for the first time in the foreseeable (is that good english?) future. Probably with the help of a small chainsaw, or the aforementioned colossal hammer. It will all end in tears....

brass drifts?? that'll be the day, brass is SO yesterday

Guest Nogbad
Yes, I see your point (sic). Since it is true that this dastardly deed is not going to worry any purchaser in the future (cause I'm not sellin') I will, with this humble contribution to this excellent forum, stand back and leave this bodge point alone, to be collected by someone more worthy. The time is not ready, I think, for me to acknowledge myself as a bodger.

I will still take this with me, in my soul, as an inspiration to aim higher. My voice will once again be heard when a Holy Golden Bodge Point is more within my reach. It wont be long since I, among other potential bodges, plan to adjust the valves by myself for the first time in the foreseeable (is that good english?) future. Probably with the help of a small chainsaw, or the aforementioned colossal hammer. It will all end in tears....

brass drifts?? that'll be the day, brass is SO yesterday

73225[/snapback]

I think having earned it, you should have the good grace to display it. I bet those hardened taps have left small indentations all over the Sucks rings, and the fact that you continued with the technique until four valuable tool steel taps had been dispatched to the great workshop in the sky says it all.

Notwithstanding the health and safety implications, and your admission of injury.

Unfortunately, whether or not you acknowledge yourself as a bodger is now irrelevant. We acknowledge you as a bodger, as you have been awarded the bodge point, whether or not you choose to display it!

:grin:

I think having earned it, you should have the good grace to display it. I bet those hardened taps have left small indentations all over the Sucks rings, and the fact that you continued with the technique until four valuable tool steel taps had been dispatched to the great workshop in the sky says it all.

Notwithstanding the health and safety implications, and your admission of injury.

Unfortunately, whether or not you acknowledge yourself as a bodger is now irrelevant. We acknowledge you as a bodger, as you have been awarded the bodge point, whether or not you choose to display it!

:grin:

73227[/snapback]

I bow my head and accept, with a strange sense of pride. Actually what I tried with the last mail was to mask my complete inability to include the BP in my signature. HTF?

EDIT: good lord, now I've f..... up my quizpoint as well. Is that worthy of yet another BP????

Guest Nogbad
EDIT: good lord, now I've f..... up my quizpoint as well. Is that worthy of yet another BP????

73234[/snapback]

No. Sorry. I can't be handing these things out like confetti or BFG will be complaining that I am compromising the purity of the award.

Why don't you ask Jaap to restore your QP and add the BP. I took a look at my sig and I haven't the first idea how to reference the image file either. Why not ask DeBenGuzzi how he did it, it's the neatest job.

Martin,

Don't work your computer when consuming Linieakvavit..... :bier::grin:

I think you should accept your bodger point, too. Having gone through all this mess with your Sachs/Sucks shock absorber you definitely qualify as a bodger.

Skål!

Søren

linieaqua.jpg

"Aquavit (1890)

(Swedish and Danish akvavit, Norwegian akevitt, from Medieval Latin aqua vitae, "water of life", also spelled aquavite, or akvavit, also called schnapps in Denmark.)

A Scandinavian flavoured, distilled liquor, ranging in alcohol content from about 42 to 45 % by volume (41.5% to be exact), clear to pale yellow in colour, distilled from a fermented potato or grain mash, flavored with caraway seeds or cumin seed, others that may be used are lemon or orange peel, cardamom, aniseed, and fennel.

Liquor was imported to Norway from Europe starting in the 1500s. The name aquavit is not of Nordic origin, but it has acquired a special place in the Norwegian as well as the other Scandinavian languages. Today, aquavit is known as the Norwegian liquor and holds a special place among liquor lovers all over the world."

Martin,

Don't work your computer when consuming Linieakvavit..... :bier:  :grin:

I think you should accept your bodger point, too. Having gone through all this mess with your Sachs/Sucks shock absorber you definitely qualify as a bodger.

Skål!

Søren

linieaqua.jpg

"Aquavit (1890)

(Swedish and Danish akvavit, Norwegian akevitt, from Medieval Latin aqua vitae, "water of life", also spelled aquavite, or akvavit, also called schnapps in Denmark.)

A Scandinavian flavoured, distilled liquor, ranging in alcohol content from about 42 to 45 % by volume (41.5% to be exact), clear to pale yellow in colour, distilled from a fermented potato or grain mash, flavored with caraway seeds or cumin seed, others that may be used are lemon or orange peel, cardamom, aniseed, and fennel.

Liquor was imported to Norway from Europe starting in the 1500s. The name aquavit is not of Nordic origin, but it has acquired a special place in the Norwegian as well as the other Scandinavian languages. Today, aquavit is known as the Norwegian liquor and holds a special place among liquor lovers all over the world."

73252[/snapback]

Well strangley our Celtic paths intertwine through drink Whisky also means 'the water of life' you learn some amazing things on this forum and Guzzi's too! It was probabally imported from Scotland it's nearer than Europe Hic

I bow my head and accept, with a strange sense of pride. Actually what I tried with the last mail was to mask my complete inability to include the BP in my signature. HTF?

73234[/snapback]

I can help you

just copy and paste this in your signature at the bottom

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/uploads/quizpoint.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Keg...dge_Pointsm.gif

before each one put >and after

soo it looks like {img}http://www.insertpicturelinkhere.com/jpeg.gif {/img} with the links above in the middle and brackets not thingys.

I may move my stuff to a new photbucket account if I get too crazy on here but I'll let you know if that happens

Also Bodge points, While not being very appealing to obtain are kinda like a purple heart for say shooting yourself in the foot on the battle field maybe you shouldn't have done that (accident or not) but you made it through the war right? Display that big beautiful Bodge. :lol::doh:

thanks all. I'm now officially a bodger, though not a Golden one yet.

regarding the similiarities between Aqua Vitae, and whiskey (originally uisge beatha? in gaelic, I think?). I belive the similarity in naming comes from the brotherhood of monks that in the 1200-1300 discovered the distillation technique. They found that the distilled "water" had strange and entertaining effects on the human psyche.... as we know. If I'm not too wrong, the chinese knew about this ages ago.

So "the water of life" was their name for clear, raw distilled spiritus, without specific flavors. Other than the distillation technique, which spread throughout the world with lightning speed, the two drinks (and every other drink tha features flavoured raw spiritus; cognac, grappa, cachacha...) has developed without ties between them. Monks began to flavour the drink with herbs, storage in casks and so on just because it tasted hideous. I know, having had a moonshine apparatus in my shed as a teenager...(countryboy, y'know) Herbs also had medical effects.

So, how does this connect with Guzzis, Greenies and Scuras? No idea.

Guest Nogbad
So, how does this connect with Guzzis, Greenies and Scuras? No idea.

73382[/snapback]

I've thought about this, but have no idea either.....