Not really much of a quiz

callison

I beg your pardon! Its toad in the hole- you will be too busy eating quiche and canopes in Bucks to know what it is!

65236[/snapback]

This isn't going to turn into some prejudiced north-south divide thing I hope. The underclass eat chav food like that in the south too. Ok, you deserve credit for making it yourself. Usually this crap comes frozen from Lidl via Aunt Bessie.

:vomit:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Britcheflee

I read somewhere that Indian food is now more popular than the fish and chip shop in the UK!!! Fine by me as I could eat it every day - although my wife would have to build a special air lock room for me to live in!!!

If you want to start a thread as long as an oil related one then how about...

"the best way to get good crackling on your pork leg"

I live up in N California and can you belive they opened a small Indian restaurant in the local gas (petrol) station? It has an all you can eat lunch buffet....I am known by my first name and have a special re-inforced table and chair along with a bearer to carry me out after I have finished feasting :food::food::food:

For large groups you can use the previous recipe but cut up the sausage into sections and use a large muffin baking tin to make individual toad-ettes in the hole!

I think traditionally they would use the same pan the roast was cooked in so you get added flavor.

Now, does anyone know what a Bedfordshire 'clanger' is?

Lee

Guest Britcheflee

Good grief!!! I had forgotten about them...along with the Magic roundabout and the Wombles - and for the really old the wooden tops!!!

Lee

Now, does anyone know what a Bedfordshire 'clanger' is?

Lee

65286[/snapback]

"The Bedfordshire Clanger is a hefty suet pastry with a savoury filling at one end and a sweet one at the other, thus giving farm labourers a complete meal in one. However, this does not seem to have been the original form. Clangers were once a boiled suet roll, like a plum duff or roly-poly. The roll contained a meat filling and the crust itself was studded with fruit, again a complete meal in one. Compilations of English country recipes show them to have been plain, substantial food for farm labourers and other manual workers. Suet pastry enclosed a filling that varied with the affluence of the family involved. The poor used bacon, which was the only meat that was readily available. Richer families used good steak or pork. "

Courtesy of: Regional Food

This isn't going to turn into some prejudiced north-south divide thing I hope. The underclass eat chav food like that in the south too. Ok, you deserve credit for making it yourself. Usually this crap comes frozen from Lidl via Aunt Bessie.

:vomit:

65285[/snapback]

Well I am originally from Hampshire about as far south as you get but have lived up here now for 5 years. Chav food = McDonalds / Takeaway pizzas etc not home cooking. I have noticed it is less poncey up here than back home where everyone is obsessed with house prices and how much they earn. Roads are much better for biking too.

Had to miss out on the fish and chip run to Whitby unfortunately- Helen feel over in her high heels last night and broke her leg and is now awaiting surgery to pin everything back together- this walking lark is dangerous much safer on a bike!

Guy :helmet:

Well I am originally from Hampshire

Helen feel over in her high heels last night and broke her leg and is now awaiting surgery to pin everything back together- this walking lark is dangerous much safer on a bike!

Guy  :helmet:

65292[/snapback]

Just kidding! Not intending to offend.

Hope your good lady makes a speedy recovery anyway. You could try sueing the shoe company, and writing to the government to ask for a ban on heels over a certain height.

Just kidding! Not intending to offend.

Hope your good lady makes a speedy recovery anyway. You could try sueing the shoe company, and writing to the government to ask for a ban on heels over a certain height.

65294[/snapback]

Cheers Nogbad- I think if I sued they may contest seeing as she had been drinking pints of mulled wine at our Halloween party!

Well I am originally from Hampshire

about as far south as you get

65292[/snapback]

Scott of the Antarctic would laugh in your face sir!

Good grief!!!  I had forgotten about them...along with the Magic roundabout and the Wombles - and for the really old the wooden tops!!!

Lee

65288[/snapback]

Not so long ago, they were on channel 4 at about 3am at the weekend. It's absolutely hilarious when you've been sipping the electric soup.