"I learned about riding from that. . ."

orangeokie

:2c: i have a opertunity to test ride a breva 1100 tomorrow.at our annual rally.[classic club] so i shall post report here.and maybe some extra bits from our 10th rally. ciao gazza :rasta:

:helmet: chopper pilot uses hands and feet to talk. :D

65936[/snapback]

Guest Steve_W
Felix42o probably knows that helicopter pilots have their own version of "I learned about flying from that"!! The helicopter pilot version starts with the less experienced pilot starting a story with "No s%@t, there I was......" and the more experienced pilot casually replies with "That's f%@&%g nuthin! I remember when....".

65872[/snapback]

Does everyone here know the difference between a war story and a fairy tale? A fairy tale starts out, "Once upon a time...". A war story starts out, "Now this is no shit...". Other than that, they're identical. :grin:

:helmet: Another successful rally was held by the n.c.m.c.c on the north coast. some 240 bikes entered,some very tasty m/cycles of all types. starting on the friday evening of the 4/11, with late entrys and a barby. 200 plus k ride on saturday, presentation dinner on sat night, and short ride on sun morning. and i got to test ride breva 1100 for part of sat ride, for some fourty odd kays. and i liked it, i would say a very capable sports tourer comfortable and compliant. most of ride on bumpy highly patched undulating country road with lots of twistys. it felt very secure well planted, when pushed hard only let down by suspension settings way to soft. though i didn't like the look of bars they gave a very comfy riding position. only other complaint was all you hear is intake roar. could do with some v twin song. ciao gazza. :rasta:

tt_jap.jpg :2c:

:helmet: Another successful rally was held by the n.c.m.c.c on the north coast. some 240 bikes entered,some very tasty m/cycles of all types. starting on the friday evening of the 4/11, with late entrys and a barby. 200 plus k ride on saturday, presentation dinner on sat night, and short ride on sun morning. and i got to test ride breva 1100 for part of sat ride, for some fourty odd kays. and i liked it, i would say a very capable sports tourer comfortable and compliant. most of ride on bumpy highly patched undulating country road with lots of twistys. it felt very secure well planted, when pushed hard only let down by suspension settings way to soft. though i didn't like the look of bars they gave a very comfy riding position. only other complaint was all you hear is intake roar. could do with some v twin song. ciao gazza.  :rasta:

66154[/snapback]

First off, us helo guys have nothing to do with the fixed wing side of things. Second, no- I'm not a wheelee sort of guy, with the exception of the errant Harley guy talking s@*t. Every once in a while, it has to be done. Third, a helo pilot is the kind of guy that starts of most stories with "no s#$t, there we were". Now, mostly, I was there and it wasn't that bad. But when the crewchief has to "straighten things out" so to speak, it gets interesting. Ladies and gentlemen, that is what I get paid for. College degree to break 'em, high school diploma to fix 'em. P.S...I love this job!!! :bier:

First off, us helo guys have nothing to do with the fixed wing side of things. Second, no- I'm not a wheelee sort of guy, with the exception of the errant Harley guy talking s@*t. Every once in a while, it has to be done. Third, a helo pilot is the kind of guy that starts of most stories with "no s#$t, there we were". Now, mostly, I was there and it wasn't that bad. But when the crewchief has to "straighten things out" so to speak, it gets interesting. Ladies and gentlemen, that is what I get paid for. College degree to break 'em, high school diploma to fix 'em. P.S...I love this job!!! :bier:

66192[/snapback]

Felix . . . I take it they finally got that tail rotor gearbox fixed on the echo? :rasta:

Third, a helo pilot is the kind of guy that starts of most stories with "no s#$t, there we were". Now, mostly, I was there and it wasn't that bad. But when the crewchief has to "straighten things out" so to speak, it gets interesting.:

66192[/snapback]

So... the boss calls 2 pilots and 2 crew chiefs into the office and tells them they have to catch the train to somewhere and crew a helicopter for two weeks.

The next day they go to the train station. The 2 crew chiefs each buy tickets but the pilots only buy one. The crew chiefs ask what for but they say just wait!

They all get on the train and off it goes. Later the conductor comes along and askes for tickets. The pilots run to the toilet and hide. When the conductor knocks on the door for tickets the one fellow opens the door a bit and hands out a ticket.

The crewchiefs see this and nod with understanding! We can do this they say.

Two weeks later they are due to come home. The pilots and crew chiefs go to the train station to buy tickets home. The crew chiefs smilingly go up to the counter and buy one ticket. They look back at the pilots and see they do not buy any tickets. They do not understand!!

They board the train an off they go. Eventually the conductor comes to the car they are in and calls out "Tickets". The two crew chiefs smugly go off to the toilet. Shortly after one of the pilots goes up to the toilet and knocks on the door saying "Tickets".

:unsure: fellow rode that whole w/end. 1909 tt jap?

66158[/snapback]

Frame is possibly right, all the rest is much later. TT models were just cheap versions of the roadsters. Speed was accomplished by leaving things off (adding lightness) so you could get them for less. No mudgaurds, no pedalling gear, etc.

The modern thing seems to be a speedway engine (usually run on methanol with a total-loss oil system) and BSA (road rocket/gold star?) cycle parts. Very nice and much more interesting than the "oldie".

mike

yet another hi-jacked thread...  can't you guys concentrate for more than one page???

:rolleyes: lay off the  :rasta:  for a bit!

Rj

66374[/snapback]

You mean it stayed on topic for a whole page. That is good going currently :) Talking of currents how are we doing on the with the high voltage alternator. I was going to suggest solar cells to supplement it to power the electric clothing, but then realised that sunshine and electric clothing are mostly mutually excluding :homer: