Scura Clutch

Baldini

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Besides the RAM system, has anybody experienced or heard of any other clutch options for this type of bike?  Can I change it to the mutiple disk clutch?  The quiet One, HA HA.

Thanks

PS.  I'm I the guy with the sixth clutch failure on V11 Scura? :)

67521[/snapback]

I've seen this on the web:

http://www.kustomz.com/guzzi.html

I don't have any experience with them. It's also not clear to me whether Kurtz supplies the flywheel or he just cuts down one that you already have. I'd bet the latter.

Here I thought the 2002 Scura, Tenni and the Rosso Mandello clutches were the same.

Why do only the Scura flywheels seem to detonate? Darkness? :ninja:

Can any onyone who has suffered this failure please post pictures & relevant details here or on the other current thread. Or pm me. I am chasing Guzzi. It is possible that the factory are unaware of the no of failures as many occur out of warranty. Thanks.

KB :sun:

I think everyone should trade in thier Scuras for Sports or Lemans, Scuras are so silly anyway come over to the light side all this talk I'm glad these clutches are so heavy duty and I'm glad I don't have a scura, sorry for the hard times brothas. :ninja:

I think everyone should trade in thier Scuras for Sports or Lemans, Scuras are so silly anyway come over to the light side all this talk I'm glad these clutches are so heavy duty and I'm glad I don't have a scura, sorry for the hard times brothas.  :ninja:

68382[/snapback]

Has anybody thought of collecting the limited edition numbers of the Scuras that have had exploding clutches to see if they correspond to a particular manufacture date. If so we could all be at ease, it could be a very limited number of bikes.

Has anybody thought of collecting the limited edition numbers of the Scuras that have had exploding clutches to see if they correspond to a particular manufacture date. If so we could all be at ease, it could be a very limited number of bikes.

68489[/snapback]

Baldini has asked for numbers, and more relevantly, frame numbers.

He's prob. not getting much response :huh2:

Scura; It Darkens :(

Tenni; Tenuous :(

Sport; Sporty :D

Lemans; Lovely :D

Just pressing buttons mechanically lads, no hard feelings.

I actually feel bad for anyone with the single plate clutch. If I had one, I'd be getting the thing converted as fast as possible.

Ciao, Steve G.

...He's prob. not getting much response ...

Right :thumbsup:

This is a very small # of bikes. I know Roberto's & John O'S's. The others are all 3rd hand over web. Think a fairly low % of riders use web forums. Failures are happening out of warranty so dealers aren't necessarily seeing them either.

Not sure if frame #'s or ltd ed #'s would tell us much given the seemingly haphazard nature of production @ Mandello.

If anyone has any experience of this failure & can post details (inc frame & ltd ed #'s) here or pm I would be grateful.

KB

Right :thumbsup:

Think a fairly low % of riders use web forums.

KB

68521[/snapback]

As far as Guzzi's go I think they have the highest per capita of any bike out there on a forum or using one. This site alone is crazy hats off to Jaap... don't ever let me see you on a Jap bike Jaap. :mg:

Get no interest out of Guzzi customer care. Out of warranty anyhow. Just concerned I front the expense then they go do a recall. But from what I can gather there's no talk of that & failure remains a rare occurence. However it can be so catastrophic that I no longer feel comfortable taking the chance.

KB :sun:

65777[/snapback]

I hear you, Brother! B)

Time to explore alternatives, methinks! :luigi:

Nige. :huh:

If anyone has any experience of this failure & can post details (inc frame & ltd ed #'s) here or pm I would be grateful.

KB

68521[/snapback]

Well I've written about this on one of these threads, but just so you have the details here I'll briefly go over it.

My Scura started making an awful CLANK noise when you'd pull away from a stop only with a stone cold motor. If the bike was running more than a minute, it wouldn't do it anymore. I pulled everything apart and everything seemed OK until I pulled the flywheel bolts. Now I wasn't expecting anything wrong here so I wasn't really paying attention but the bolts seemed only snug. I was able to easily loosen them with a 10" handle on my socket.

I replaced the friction plate while I was in there and put everything back together and it hasn't made the noise since. I believe this was around 16k miles and I now have 38k on it.

The only thing I can think of is the aluminum heated enough after a minute of running to make it expand enough so it wasn't able to rotate slightly on the flywheel bolts. I know it's not a great theory, but it's all I've got.

My bike is scura #385.

John Koester