Gas mileage again... sigh

Guest IanJ

Hey Ian,

You can check out the difference in dyno tests here:

http://manleycycle.com/Tech/more_mg.htm

apparently the Agostini/Mistral crossover has more mid-range than the Stucchi, at the expense of a significant amount of power loss above 6000 rpm.

Both crossovers have more midrange than the stock crossover.

I am not sure how that will translate into gas mileage, but more power in the mid range may mean it is taking in more air and burning more efficiently where you need it to be efficient.

My G&B muffler is between Texas and my home, safely in the hands of the United Parcel Service.

I hope to provide a brief report on it next week. It is supposed to fill in the mid range a bit. We shall see...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brian Robson

I think I agree with you Ian. I seem to get the same figures. 28-30 within town and around 35-40 highway. Most of my riding is daily backroads and some highway to get the higher figures. They improved slightly after the first service when the bike was made a little leaner (with no attendant popping or backfiring) and the addition of a FBF airbox conversion.

Cool, I'm looking forward to playing with the crossover, then. I don't spend hardly any time over 6000 RPM, so I won't miss any power that goes missing up there.

I compiled a graph showing my gas mileage so far (I'm a total geek, what can I say?). Kinda depressing, really. I don't know if the dropoff is because I've gotten more comfortable with the bike (which I definitely have), or something in the engine declining, or what.

2002 V11 Le Mans mileage chart