Ireland and V11s?

Guest HDGoose

Oh yes it is.

67145[/snapback]

He's right. It's part of the British Isles. Though it's not British ( as in part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland) Wales, Scotland and even Cornwall are after( recieved various degrees of) succesion.

It's like Canada and North America and the USoA peepwall1.gif

Anyway we're Europeans now :P

He's right. It's part of the British Isles. Though it's not British ( as in part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland)

67146[/snapback]

Yes, Ireland is, geographically, part of the British Isles.

The Republic is not part of the

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

My experience in trying to deal with mail order from England is that although companies bill themselves as being 'THE BEST [whatever] in the UK!!', some of them actually mean England and they have refused to sell to / deliver to N.I. :!:

After complaining to one major company, they changed their advertising (could have been coincidence) from being 'the best... in the U.K.' to 'the best... in the Nation.'

Nation?

Oh no it isn't

Oh yes it is.

Yeah, I thought I'd raise a few hackles with this one!

I'm not sure that there's a right or wrong to this. I know people in the republic don't like being referred to as being part of the British isles, its smacks a bit of people referring to U2 or Thin Lizzy as British bands, or Barry Mcguigan or Eddie Jordan as British. I dunno, it's probably just the paddies being too sensitive,as usual.

Mind you ,I told my Canadian wife (from BRITISH Columbia) about this thread, and she got incensed that anyone would say she lives in the British Isles.

I think I may have created a monster!

I was in a Dublin pub a few years ago with a visiting friend of mine, who at the time was a British army helicopter pilot, and he happened to say something about "returning to the mainland".

The conversation kind of died a death( think piano player stopping in mid-tune), until someone started slagging him of, by saying that :drink: he was referring to France!

Hey Ferguzzi!

yes, a can of worms has been opened, :glare: and yes, l can kinda understand it, as Martin says, it does seem to be like the Canada/USA/North America thing. :D

Say, did l hear someone mention sharing a pint or several?? :bier:

Glad to see the Canadian perspective kicking in !! :thumbsup:

:bier:

Cheers

Van