Poll On Insurance Rates For The V11S

Mike Stewart

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All your comments are confusing me. Now I am thinking that whether to keep Guzzi or to sell it. Please make it clear to me.

=================================

napster

You are confusing me!

Now I am thinking that whether you are spam or be legit. Please make it clear to us.

Sorry, if you are legit, and welcome to the forum! This forum used to get a lot of spam. Often bad grammar combined with links to commercial websites, is an indicator of a spammer, so forgive me for assuming you might be a spammer.

Heck, my grammar can be bad, too, and some people here are programmed to treat me like spam :lol:

Aus$ 800 for the scura which is about 500 US$ these days(?) Was about a 800 euro back in Holland! But the V11 is a strange bike for the insurance in Holland I got quoted 3500 euro!! which even the salesperson thought a bit rich...

The ducati Multi insures for peanuts 300 bucks, the enfield bullet with sidecar seems to be uninsurable (thank god nobody wants it!)

Ahh well just keep riding!

Cheers

Jap

$235 a year Full Coverage with a $500 Deduc, but I am not sure about the limits. Multi-line discount through State Farm. The 70 Ambassador is $110 a year for only collision.

My first road (street legal/insured) bike was the 87 SE . the agents or brokers in my area wanted $800-1200 per year. They were all with Progressive. I Googled bike insurance and found a broker in Fla.and got full coverage for around $250/yr. My 3 bikes now are around $500/yr.

It.s a motorcycle, not a 'Busa or a Brough Superior

START SHOPPING !!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know how Lo-Jack works?

I find this interesting, since in 2003 we didn't do LoJack for Motorcycles. We do now, and in many states Progressive, Geico, and Nationwide will give a discount on comprehensive if you have LoJack on your bike. Foremost will waive your deductible up to $500. Check with them in your state, as each state is different.

LoJack is a small tranceiver that is hidden on the bike. When the bike is moved, it senses the motion and looks for the RFID signal that should be coming from your key fob. If that signal is not present, the LoJack radios out to us and tells us it is moving without authorization. Our computer then looks up your profile, and notified you at the 5 points of contact you have designated.

Once you are notified of the theft, you can then call the police and report the bike stolen. They will enter the VIN into the stolen vehicle data base, which causes the LoJack to start sending out the homing signal. Law enforcement then follows the signal on their trackers until they locate the bike.

We use an FM radio signal, since GPS doesn't work indoors and cell phone, GPS, etc. is not probable cause for a search warrant. LoJack is. We have recovered bikes in garages, storage units, shipping containers, and moving vans.

It is this easy... CBR theft

Stolen van. Typically, they will stake out 5 or so bikes, steal a van, and then steal them until the van is full (2-3 bikes) and ditch the van. Chrysler mini-vans are easy to steal, plentiful, and have a nice low lift-over.

Yes, I work for LoJack. Yes, I am aware of the limitations. Yes, it is still the best option.

Garsdad

LoJack would probably qualify for a $20 discount off the $1500 per year that The Insurance Corporation of British Columbia charges. That is with a 40% discount. There is the option of having collision and comprehensive with private insurers but liability must be with ICBC and it will cost over $1000 before discount.

ICBC sucks!

edit - just discovered LoJack cost $899 for the first year!

LoJack would probably qualify for a $20 discount off the $1500 per year that The Insurance Corporation of British Columbia charges. That is with a 40% discount. There is the option of having collision and comprehensive with private insurers but liability must be with ICBC and it will cost over $1000 before discount.

ICBC sucks!

edit - just discovered LoJack cost $899 for the first year!

Canada's a little different. One time cost here for the hardware, and that is it.

Thanks Garsdad!

My next bike will have to have LoJack, or maybe it will be worth it if I pour some money into the V11.

I don't expect insurance companies to reimburse me for $X,000 in upgrades.

'02 LM, 30/60 comp ded 250./ collision 250.- 3100. in optional equp...$362. /year. also includes liab.only on a Convert

Dairyland, never had a claim but they seem good.. I have multiple discounts.

That is less than what insurance would cost for one month here in British columbia!!

Progressive - Tampa

Bodily 100/300,000 $35.00

Property Damage $50 $14.00

Comprehensive $10.00

Collision ($250 Ded) $83.00

Roadside $10.00

SubTotal $152.00

Discount -$14.00

Total Paid in Full $139.00