Guzzi presentation in Milan in an hour ?

robbiekb

http://www.eicma.it/fiera-moto/en/default....8&PagePath=297-

Looks like Guzzi is first inline this morning to do one of their presentations. I must admit i'm curious to whether theyre going to anounce a sports bike in addtion to the GT tourer.

67360[/snapback]

according to another thread, thats just possible: rumours of a new LeMans from guzzisti.it

These are good looking bikes. Amazing they can get so many variations on the Cali tank with just patterns of paint.

The "Norge" name is so unfortunate here. I'm surprised trademarks will allow it.

It is like naming your daughter "Large." :(

These are good looking bikes. Amazing they can get so many variations on the Cali tank with just patterns of paint.

The "Norge" name is so unfortunate here. I'm surprised trademarks will allow it.

It is like naming your daughter "Large." :(

67408[/snapback]

Only likely to be a possible problem in the USA. That's not so significant a market for Guzzi at the moment.

The machine has, unfortunately, more problems than a name to deal with.

mike

It is unfortunate the name! Norge, Norge. Norge....................----Norge----. :huh2:

Sorry, it just does not have a ring to it, in English anyways.

The bike itself I could live with. Some threads on other sites are calling it a head on collision with an FJR1300 and R1200RT. The point I made was that all cars and bikes [except cruisers] are getting closer to the best aerodynamic shape.

I can't help wondering how they achieved 1200cc. Both a bore or a stroke change, or both, will introduce a more intense vibration situation. All that extra bodywork, some of it appearing to be fastened to the engine, give me worries of cracking panels, and missing fasteners.

They are on the right track though. This catagory of motorcycle is going to become more popular as the baby boomers start to get into their early sixties/late fifties, where most of the money is.

I'm worried that they have clear coated over that "Norge" sticker. That will be expensive to get rid of!

Ciao, Steve G.

Well personally i'ma bit disapointed. Goodon Guzzi for going with the Norge, despite the unfortunate name. I don'tthing that tha Cal vinatge goes far enough. Maybe Guzzi needs to talk to Mark Etheridge to see the ambo look-a-like that he built a while back out of a newer Guzzi, Just my .02 cents but even i'd be interested in a modern Guzzi cruiser that looked like an Ambassador.

I like what they did with the Cali. Looks like the old California III with the buddy seat. They finally went back to some hardbags that have a decent shape, too. AND if I'm not mistaken- it looks like there is a support rod running under the bags. Goodbyyyee 10 pound load limits. Helloooo six weeks worth of firewood, wet clothes, beer, and depleted uranium shavings packed into those things. I dig the tail light as well.

The Norge is a little hard to look at now, but that's because it is such a departure from the 'traditional' Guzzi. I think it will grow on some people. It's the way of the future and I wish Guzzi the best of luck and success with the newer models. The Fridge will be a great touring machine, I'd wager.

For some reason that makes me feel like a kid before christmas  :lol:

67371[/snapback]

Daddy, can I have a Norge and a Vintage for Christmas? :lol:

I think Santa Guzzi was reading some of our wish lists. :grin:

The retrofication of the Cali and a true Sport-TOURER were overdue

how they have 1200?

Displacement : 1,133 cc

Bore and stroke : 95 x 80 mm

Compression ratio : 9.6 : 1

Valve gear : 2 overhead valves operated by light alloy push-rods and rockers; exhaust valve maximum lift: 106° B.T.D.C. of overlap inlet valve maximum lift: 104° A.T.D.C. of overlap

Maximum power : over 65 KW (90 CV) at 7,500 rpm

Maximum torque : over 95 Nm at 6,800 rpm

mgs01 gthyni?

Well discontinued isn't the word, the was one serie of bikes, that is sold I think, and rumour is that they might make a second series, but if they do that, they would have told in milan, what they didn't, or I can't find it.