2800rpm miss

dangerous

Ever since new the V11 Lemans has had a miss at 2800rpm, I expect that this is normal just like the rough running at 4000rpm on my old sport... but that was fixed by a after market eprom chip.

So is there a similer fix for the V11? or do I just put up with it.

Ever since new the V11 Lemans has had a miss at 2800rpm, I expect that this is normal just like the rough running at 4000rpm on my old sport... but that was fixed by a after market eprom chip.

So is there a similer fix for the V11? or do I just put up with it.

67859[/snapback]

If the same problem was fixed by the aftermarket chip on the old Sport, it should do the trick on this one too I'd guss. The "brain" is the same, I understand.

I recently installed the Titanium exhaust and chip on my bike, and the bike is COMPETELY changed. All flat spots and misses are gone, and the bike goes like Moonraker. Its expensive, but worth it.

Is the bike standard or have you changed it.

Mdude how was yours before. :huh2:

67870[/snapback]

Mine was awful. But I didnt realize it before I got the Ti's. Before it was all stock except for a Mistral crossover. Dont think the crossover did the bike any favours without changing ECU settings, because it was very racy. No torque before 4000 and the ketchup-effect when everything became available at 5000. I also had misses at 2800-3000 rpms, bad idling, and a verrrry flat spot between 3000-4200 rpms.

I changed from the crossover (which is now for sale!) to stock expansion box together with the Ti's because my dealer adviced that this would give me much more torque low down (this is dyno-tested in Germany by HTMoto). And it did, – boy it did! I honestly didnt think the change would be so pronounced. But its a different bike. And that is before K&N filter and throttle synchro and all that minor fiddling about. The bad idling isnt gone, though...

Mine was awful. But I didnt realize it before I got the Ti's. Before it was all stock except for a Mistral crossover. Dont think the crossover did the bike any favours without changing ECU settings, because it was very racy. No torque before 4000 and the ketchup-effect when everything became available at 5000. I also had  misses at 2800-3000 rpms, bad idling, and a verrrry flat spot between 3000-4200 rpms.

I changed from the crossover (which is now for sale!) to stock expansion box together with the Ti's because my dealer adviced that this would give me much more torque low down (this is dyno-tested in Germany by HTMoto). And it did, – boy it did! I honestly didnt think the change would be so pronounced. But its a different bike. And that is before K&N filter and throttle synchro and all that minor fiddling about. The bad idling isnt gone, though...

67877[/snapback]

I was going to put on a stucci x over on at the same time as ecu, But you may have change my mind . :bier:

The bad idling isnt gone, though...

67877[/snapback]

Try opening the air bypass screws to 3/4 or one full turn. Idle medicine for us cheap bas*#@ds. :luigi::luigi:

I was going to put on a stucci x over on at the same time as ecu, But you may have change my mind . :bier:

67889[/snapback]

I also left the original crossover to maintain low end torque when I installed a Powercommander, Mistral Cans and FBF Air Filter Conversion Kit. I loaded a map provided by GuzziTech when I purchased the Powercommander then made small adjustments to the map over a period of about a dozen rides and it's pretty dam good now.

Mike