Ohlins 1st Series Fork

Bruce Reader

I have a Scura with the first series Ohlin forks and a workshop manual. Would appreciate if anyone could answer these questions for me.

1. What torque values are used on the two bolts on the right hand side fork-below shaft.

The workshop manual doesnt say anything other than they ensure 'dynamic packing" and to use the prescribed torque. This is not listed in the torque section or on the fork diagrams !!

2. Brake caliper bolt torque front and rear ?

3. What grade (if any) of thread locker for caliper bolts and lower fork bolts ?

Regards

Bruce Reader

p.s.

I tried the Brembo and Ohlins sites with no luck.

I can't see that it's necessary to be overly concerned about having to use a torque wrench on these. I did them all up 'sensibly tight' and the wheel hasn't fallen off yet. I used a standard thread locker, not high strength stud locker.

I have a Scura with the first series Ohlin forks and a workshop manual. Would appreciate if anyone could answer these questions for me.

1.  What torque values are used on the two bolts on the right hand side fork-below shaft. 

The workshop manual doesnt say anything other than they ensure 'dynamic packing" and to use the prescribed torque.  This is not listed in the torque section or on the fork diagrams !!

2.  Brake caliper bolt torque front and rear ?

3.  What grade (if any) of thread locker for caliper bolts and lower fork bolts ?

Regards

Bruce Reader

p.s.

I tried the Brembo and Ohlins sites with no luck.

67898[/snapback]

I would guess the torque values would be close to these.

I'm in the resonably snug with no thread locking compound contingent. I've been told on my BMW that many people overtighten the pinch bolts and break the casting for the fork slider. All it's got to do is keep the axle in place so it can't losen.

My :2c:

johnk

Aprilia wheel clamp – 22Nm

seems about right, sensibly snug, and I'd give it another wee nip up.

________

Now I've got home and I've checked in the manual. I guess what they mean about the prescribed torque is the generic values in the table in Section B, page 12

Picture_19.png

so for no.8 you'd be going for 25 to 30 Nm. That would be it.

The other thing that interests me in this dept. is the value for the rear wheel axle. I don't understand Guzzi's diagram in Section F where it shows 28 – 30 Nm as the tightening torque for the axle/spindle.

The table says

Picture_18.png

120Nm Rear wheel spindle screw (housing side).

Also: why does it specify 'housing side'?

--------- :luigi::glare::huh2: ----------

BTW I see that Aprilia's axle/nut tightening torques are 80 front and 120 rear