new tires for le mans ???

fernando

i have had it with the bridgestone tires . my front tire keeps cupping. and the rear does not last very long.

now ,a friend who rides a triumph triple sports bike had the same tires on his.

he changed to avons av46 and no more cupping .---his bridgestones were also cupping.

and he is entering 10,000 miles on his rear tire.

has anyone here used this avon tire ????

any comments or suggestions .

i understand from my friend who is an aggressive rider that the tire holds as good as the bridgestones ,,but ,,,maybe he is not as agressive ?

i have had it with the bridgestone tires . my front tire keeps cupping. and the rear does not last very long.

now ,a friend who rides a triumph  triple sports bike had the same tires on his.

he changed to avons av46 and no  more cupping  .---his bridgestones were also cupping.

i understand from my friend who is an aggressive rider that the tire holds as good as the bridgestones ,,but ,,,maybe he is not as agressive ?

68906[/snapback]

Heh, I got 10,000 miles out of my stock Bridgestones, but they rode like :vomit: the whole time.

I recently replaced them with a set of Michelin Pilot Roads and I am extremely happy with them. They turn in great, are sticky but should wear better than the Pilot Sports. I feel very confident on them. After about 1000 miles on them (with semi-aggressive riding, no track days), they look like they're wearing evenly.

That's my :2c:

I have a set of Pirelli Scorpion syncs and they looks like Mottard tires which is a love hate appearance I have almost 4k on them and they got better after about 1k and appear to be wearing rather evenly the front tire is definatly better but the back isn't quite as good, but mine came with pirelli dragons so... :huh2: but I hear avons are good sheet. whatever keeps you upright :bike:

....my friend who is an aggressive rider .....is entering 10,000 miles on his rear tire...

A contradiction in terms ?

I didn't like 020's. Same problems as you. Using Diablos which are very good. Wear only a little quicker (2.75-3k rather than 3.5K miles).

Haven't tried Avons.

KB :sun:

Howdy!

Have gone through a pair of BT 020 and BT 014 and have now set sails for the Pirelli Diablo.

I wasn't too pleased about the BT's - they were ok, but nothing more. I have to await Spring to set in before I can test the Diablos as the road conditions here in shiny Denmark are not really motorcycle friendly for the time being....

Cheers

Søren

now ,a friend who rides a triumph  triple sports bike had the same tires on his.

he changed to avons av46 and no  more cupping  .---his bridgestones were also cupping.

68906[/snapback]

I ran the AV45/46 combo on my Sport 1100 for about 3000 miles. I took them off because they really mucked up the handling.

First off, the profile is really round, especially the rear. SLOW steering was a result, which is already a problem on Spineframe bikes.

Second, the only time I've had rear traction problems on my Guzzi was with the Avons fitted. I had a couple of instances in somewhat damp conditions where the rear end came around unexpectedly. Luckily, no crash, but the experience was not fun!

Third, the Avons suck at the track on a Spineframe Guzzi. They are slow on turn-in and once leaned over, the bike becomes very twitchy...

On a positive note, They performed very well at high speeds in straight lines on the interstate in heavy rain. Faint praise for a tire to be fitted to a sportsbike.

They will probably last 10,000 miles but unless you're strictly in touring mode, I wouldn't waste my money on them.

For a tire with relatively high mileage, try the Metzeler Z6 Roadtec or the Pirelli Dragon GTS (if you can find a set).

For more sporty use, I've been very happy with the Bridgeston BT-014, especially at the track! Downside is 1500-2000 mile life...

well , thank you for the answers.

it looks like evryone has a favorite tire depending on how you ride.

i have to think about this one as i do not want to get less performance out of my tires if i get the avons but , i also do not want to get new tires every 3 k miles because i do not race,

so far , other than the front tire cupping and the 5,or 6,000 mile wear on the bridgstone s,i am ok.

so ,unless i read something different i may just have to stay with the bridgestones .

well , thank you for the answers.

unless i read something different i may just have to stay with the bridgestones .

69009[/snapback]

This is a pretty good review on Conti Road Attacks.

http://www.canyonchasers.net/reviews/acces...road-attack.php

I will be replacing my Bridgestones this winter for them. Several board members running them too with favorable reviews. There are a couple threads here someplace on tires, and yes, there are many opinions and subjective assesments. You plobably can't go too far wrong with any quality sport tire and if your not happy, you get to move on after several thousand miles :D

good luck :race:

Guest trispeed

the Conitnental Road Attacks are getting rave reviews here in Southern California for sport performance and good mileage. (up to twice what full sport tires are getting )

the Conitnental Road Attacks are getting rave reviews here in Southern California for sport performance and good mileage. (up to twice what full sport tires are getting )

69039[/snapback]

I got about 3Kmi on my Road Attacks...got another 3 left on 'em easy.

I ve been a regular little holligan on them (pitching and gasing hard @ speed)

and they have only inspired confidence.

Let us pray..."God give us a sticky tire that will go 10Kmi"

Hi there

Don't think it matters which brand, I just fit the softer tyre on the front, eg 014,Pilot Power or Corsa.So called cupping or whatever you want to call it comes from pushing into corners.{The tyre sliding across the road} Using a softer tyre on the front will eliminate this,Thus the tyre will wear rounder and last longer.I use Pilot Power on the front 20000km Pilot Road on back 10000km. :2c:

68906[/snapback]

I have the Avon 45/46 combo & am pretty satisfied, with one caveat: They are very sensitive to inflation pressure, more so than the Bridgestones & Dunlops that preceded them. I'll take a w.a.g. that this is probably due to the Le Mans' (substantial) weight, weight distribution, and suspension compliance.

I'm running 36 lbs front & 38 lbs rear right now, but during the summer months the I bumped the pressure up.

Just my :2c:

Hope this helps,

Phil

Atlanta GA

'02 Le Mans