American Guzzisti

Guest AdamofKC

Guest AdamofKC

Here is a question for the American Guzzisti, have any of you gotten your Breva 1100's yet? The last I heard they were being delayed for emission control or some other reason. Are they anticipated to be here soon?

If they have already arrived, has it been worth the wait?

No Brevas or Grisos have been sold in the USA as yet, latest estimates seem to be that theyw ill be arriving in spring '06. There was apparently some problem with the tank emission system compliance for California and for some reason the importers then decided not to sell 'em anywhere :huh2: .

All reports from markets that have had them are positive. In Oz, to the best of my knowledge the only problems reported are one bevelbox that went tits-up, but that was on a bike that had been flogged mercilessly by journalists who were probably trying to make something break. (Incidentally I saw this box and it looked like a simple bearing cage failure and as far as I know this was a 'one-off' I haven't heard of any other problems.) Some bikes have arrived with their CARC housings scratched by something rubbing against them in transit, cosmetic damage only. One or two petrol tanks having a minor fault, (Not sure what but I think it's cosmetic.) and one bloke in New Zealand has a slight weep at the joint between his CARC housing and the swingarm which is supposed to be a 'Dry' area so that needs investigation.

It's a lovely bike to ride. I must say I didn't like the styling so I'm waiting for a Griso, but it is a very nice machine.

Pete

Here is a question for the American Guzzisti, have any of you gotten your Breva 1100's yet?  The last I heard they were being delayed for emission control or some other reason.  Are they anticipated to be here soon?

If they have already arrived, has it been worth the wait?

68969[/snapback]

mphcycles - from WildGuzzi forum

as of today the Breva 1100 is slated to begin shipping from the US warehouse on monday the 5th of December, 2005.

Just reporting what I am told, by the guy who oughtta know. With any luck we will have them by the end of next week.

Jason Speaker (http://www.speakers-cycles.com) listed today the following:

006 Breva 750 Touring $8,990 due in May

2006 Nevada 750 Touing $8,990 due in May

2006 Breva 1100 $12,490 due in January

2006 Griso 1100 $13,490 due in May

2006 California Vintage $14,990 due in September

2006 Norge $15,490 due in September

See http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=867.0 for discussion on it. Seems they told Mike one thing then immediately postponed another month.

Frankly, I just don't believe 'em. I'm strongly tempted to buy a Cafe Sport at the sale prices if I can find one....

Sorry our American cousins have had to wait so long :( but British Guzzisti have been able to buy the Breva V1100 since May/June. As Pete Roper has written there have been a few niggles with one or two machines but on the whole it's living up to all the hype - it really is a quality product.

I've covered 5,000 miles since August 27th and the bike has been faultless. I :wub: it. th_Breva29-08-05011a.jpg