VRod and Griso

callison

I'm sure both of these bikes could be considered competitors in the same class of bikes. As for a power comparison, well I'm no Harley guy that's for sure, but the Harley would blow the Griso's doors off in acceleration/top speed. I can't comment on handling road manners of the two.

Ciao, Steve G.

Looks like on the test results like the Griso would have the edge on the 400 meter drag race, but the Hog would take top speed victory.As far as any other info re handling, braking etc, not much is written in the article

wouldn't it be just marvelous and possibly life saving if Buell was able to use the Vrod motor in his bikes? I think I'd line up to get one.  :huh2: the vrod is the only acceptable harley for me. for now  :whistle:

69048[/snapback]

De BEN --

Harley would LOVE for Buell to use this motor -- Erik Buell has stated so. Problem is, it's WAY too heavy and cumbersome for his tastes.

If you haven't yet, test ride a Firebolt. Super light, brilliant handling -- tons of fun.

Liked it so much I recently bought one.

v50 :bier:

I was watching "Pinks" a while back where they were racing a Vrod. (Pinks is a show where regular guys drag race each other for pink slips) This idiot shows up with his brand new Vrod in a trailer hauled by some massive mega dollar truck thing. He's brought umbrella girls and was wearing custom leathers emblazoned with "Paulywood" on the front. (his name was Paul)

The other guy showed up with a well used '83 stock Suzuki . (can't remember model...)

In a best of 5 race set, Paulywood and his POS Vrod got SMOKED in three staight races. I mean it wasn't even close. poor Paulywood, no more Vrod...

I laughed and laughed and laughed!!! Still am as I write this. :grin:

You guys can have your Vrod twisty framed super HD engined POS. I'm sure Eric Buell doesn't want it either.

Rj

...You guys can have your Vrod twisty framed super HD engined POS.  I'm sure Eric Buell doesn't want it either.

I couldn't agree more. The only practical application for that V-Rod motor is in a full-dresser touring bike like an LT, Gold Wing, or Ultra Classic. The V-Rod certainly could not keep pace with a stock Griso in the mountains-- and a Griso with the MGS-01 motor would produce power bands better than the V-Rod's with much less weight. This comparison is laughable.

w

wouldn't it be just marvelous and possibly life saving if Buell was able to use the Vrod motor in his bikes? I think I'd line up to get one.

69048[/snapback]

You'll have a long wait: I asked Erik when was H-D going to release him to use the VR mill in his line of bikes, & he said [paraphrased] "I can have it anytime I want! I just won't use it; it's too heavy & big for the kind of bikes I want to build..."

The Harley touring bikes are going to get a big boost in sales when H-D finally wakes up & starts putting the VR mill into those lead sleds; they need more juice!

:bike:

I'd look at getting a buell but they are much to similar to the V11 for my taste I Want something outside the box but if one fell in my lap I might take them up on it. I like the CityX but I'd take off those gay hand blasters or maybe get the 1200 :huh2: soo many wants. soo little garage space(and money)

The V Rod has not really sold well over here- like many Guzzi riders HD guys like aircooled motors. Triumph sell a hell of a lot more Rocket 111s than HD do V Rods.

I saw some awesome modified bikes drag racing at Santa Pod- all setting fast times:

54E27609A38344A1A786E2DC8DC7E93B.jpg

I'd look at getting a buell but they are much to similar to the V11 for my taste I Want something outside the box but if one fell in my lap I might take them up on it. I like the CityX but I'd take off those gay hand blasters or maybe get the 1200  :huh2: soo many wants. soo little garage space(and money)

69127[/snapback]

Maybe on paper they're alike, but in my opinion they're quite different -- and very complementary.

The 12 motor has better low-end grunt, but the 9 (which I have) revs a bit faster and higher.

THe CityX is sharp -- and I think you'd like those hand shields if you were to venture out during winter or (in MN) early Spring.

v50

I think you guys are onto something MOVE over Beema papa's got a brand new bag  :P: only wish it came in blue  :huh2:

69140[/snapback]

However, be warned that you need a 33-34" inseam to touch the ground flat with both feet on the X. I've ridden a Quota and a V-Strom (combined 50K miles), and the X is considerably higher than both of those bikes.

I think you guys are onto something MOVE over Beema papa's got a brand new bag  :P: only wish it came in blue  :huh2:

69140[/snapback]

I've ridden the Buel...it ain't like a v11...it's more like a CR500 ice racer.

Wicked fun...a tempting bike for those of my ilk but my LeMans is purrrfect for me.

The V Rod I've also ridden. It's exactly like a V11 if you put 10 gallons of water

in a 20 gallon tank on top of your gas tank and put your foot pegs on the forks.

Oh yea...don't forget some nice tall handle bars.....you'll look soooo cool

God bless Eric Buell...