Reliaguzzi

Guest Nogbad

So winter is truly here which means the bike is often wet and dirty. I hadn't used her in 5 weeks and needed to go to town in the pouring rain. Parking is impossible there so I got the V11 out. As a cold snap just ended, she was covered in condensation and freezing cold.

Nevertheless, the bike started on the button and ran faultlessly. This is a mid 2000 bike with the ORIGINAL Guzzi battery, and I don't cosset it or use an Optimate or anything.

You'll have to post good news on another forum. We're only know here for griping and complaining. :not:

My 2000 Sport also has its original battery. 40,000 miles, 5years-4months. :bier:

So winter is truly here which means the bike is often wet and dirty. I hadn't used her in 5 weeks and needed to go to town in the pouring rain. Parking is impossible there so I got the V11 out. As a cold snap just ended, she was covered in condensation and freezing cold.

Nevertheless, the bike started on the button and ran faultlessly. This is a mid 2000 bike with the ORIGINAL Guzzi battery, and I don't cosset it or use an Optimate or anything.

69553[/snapback]

I have a 2002 Le Mans and a 2004 V11 California, both motorcycles have been dead reliable. Only problem with the two of them was a leaking timing cover on the Le Mans and a loose nut on the transmission cover on the California. I have been lurking for a long time here, watching for problems with my bike. Yes, the paint bubbled on the engine cases, and I replaced the seat, added the Mistral exhuast, tossed the emissions canisters, other than that I just ride the hell out of it.

69553[/snapback]

Nice to hear some good news for once!!

I must admit that since Helen broke her leg her V11 has been a little lonely and unused but same as you after several weeks its starts and runs great!

Good stuff Noggers!

Guy :helmet:

69553[/snapback]

Mine is a 99/00 Limone, also with its original Hawker Genesis. It still started well this summer, but for our actual temperatures around zero it seems to be to old now.

If you need your bike for daily use i'd look for a spare battery. Wouldn't be too surprised if it's just dead flat one morning.

Hubert

Your avatar is so great! Is it the above described bike?

Hubert

69602[/snapback]

Hubert, thank you! Indeed it is.

I didn't think it really competes with Guzzrider's avatar, though. :rolleyes:

Hubert, thank you! Indeed it is.

I didn't think it really competes with Guzzrider's avatar, though. :rolleyes:

69641[/snapback]

Yeah, that's right, indeed, but what does she do the rest of the year with those bells?

Hubert

Nevertheless, the bike started on the button and ran faultlessly.

69553[/snapback]

OF COURSE IT DID! You have been following my maintenance regime after all.

Your next step, Grade 2, is to get the paint pots out. Have you got some time over Christmas?

Your next step, Grade 2, is to get the paint pots out. Have you got some time over Christmas?

69673[/snapback]

I take it you want me to come over and help you paint your bike green? Sorry Belfast, the Scura can never be an original red frame V11, no matter what colour you paint it. :huh2: