Ya other bikes

dangerous

Ok now I know this is a V11 forum and as I cant find a 'off topic' dept here I have posted in this thread.

Right... I know there must be V11 guys out there that ride aswell other than V11's, so what ya all riding out there, other Guzzi's or other brands?

I ride... well race 2 buckets (is this done anywere else in the world apart from NZ & OZ?)

1st is my 77-80 Honda CB125Twin, modified frame and wheels was a worked motor but I blew that sucker up so now its stocko.

The other bike is a home made frame based on a MT125gp bike (1977) and its powered by a Honda MB100, worked with a RGV carb and home built chamber. this bike has been clocked at 150kph and is bloody fun but tricky to ride but the CB is easy as to ride.

heres a few pics

#68 is the Cb & #83 is the MT

05LevelsRd3017sm.jpg

05LevelsRd3005sm.jpg

05LevelsRd3028sm.jpg

bearsrnd6011.jpg

05LevelsRd3045sm.jpg

05LevelsRd3046sm.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok now I know this is a V11 forum and as I cant find a 'off topic' dept here I have posted in this thread.

Right... I know there must be V11 guys out there that ride aswell other than V11's, so what ya all riding out there, other Guzzi's or other brands?

I ride... well race 2 buckets (is this done anywere else in the world apart from NZ & OZ?)

1st is my 77-80 Honda CB125Twin, modified frame and wheels was a worked motor but I blew that sucker up so now its stocko.

The other bike is a home made frame based on a MT125gp bike (1977) and its powered by a Honda MB100, worked with a RGV carb and home built chamber. this bike has been clocked at 150kph and is bloody fun but tricky to ride but the CB is easy as to ride.

heres a few pics

69849[/snapback]

Have been riding my 650 bonnie alot lately ,had her for 22 years, has a 750 disc front end and TR6C exhuast system.

Had a 74 Trident for 5 years- MK 3 Lemans - MK5 Lemans.

So the stable consists of the Bonnie , V11 and my ladies Sportster.

Buckets look like alot of fun always found them entertaining at street races.

Buckets look like alot of fun always found them entertaining at street races.

69855[/snapback]

Hey would ya look at that... ya just up the road.... hey I'll be racing them stupid thins in Nelson on the 2nd Jan, come over for a look

Guest jedione68

heres a few pics

69849[/snapback]

Hello mate,

Like your stable of horses, nothing like track tools.

To answer your question on v11 guys bikes, I'll add my two cents.

I've had all kinds of british twins, and various other twins and some singles.

But right now my barn (small garage really) is all Itialian twins.

I vowed 15 years ago after selling my Norton to buy something else,

that I'd never sell a bike that I loved just to get another one that I think I love.

So 15 years later I find myself with:

1. 1976 Moto Guzzi Lemans 1

2. 1989/90 Ducati 750 Sport

3. 2000 Moto Guzzi v11sport

4. 2002 Ghezzi Brian 1225 cc 4 valve

5. and a mountain bike (very rusty and used)

Would like to add to the stable someday down the road:

1. KTM Super Motar (sold mine-shouldn't have)

2. Moto Guzzi EVO "Cali" or H.D. Roadking with everything and a sink.

3. An early Commando w/ducktail (miss her alot)

4. A super old Guzzi (Bacon slicer)

5. HRD Blackshadow

Would like to see, hear and touch once:

1. The Britten

2. Ah... The Bitten again

3. Spitfire or P51Mustang (WWII Airplanes)

4. THE BRITTEN

And as Forest Gump would say right about now,

"Well, thats all I got to say about that?!"

Peace from California and keep the rubber side down,

Jedione68

My other rides, I miss them. Right now I've only got my V11 (Aphreal) up and runight here in sicily. Other then that though I have a 750 NTX project that I've been putting off for the most of the year :blush:

Back home on the other hand I the lovely Jane, a 2002 V-star 1100 silveredo. I miss her :( . That bike took me a lot of places and I had a lot of fun on her. A whole lot of fond memories.

Z

I see your maneater and raise you a killer (KLR, that is)

This was two weeks ago- already ice forming in the low spots. Now everything is covered in snow... :bbblll:

IMG_0052.jpg

And my other Guzzi, of course:

IA_2005.jpg

Started this adventure with a '68 Honda 125 twin at 14 yrs of age.

Moved to a Norton Commando 750 at 17 yrs. Kept that through university and early career days.

Kids came and we went to dirt-bikes to get them into the sport.

I made my way from IT 200 to WR250 to CR500... loved the WR!

When the kids hit licensing age I found a VFR 750 while the boy started with a RZ350, then RZ500.

I needed something better to keep up, and the RZ 500 was a pain to keep tuned so we got twin CBR 900RR's while the daughter inherited the RZ 350. After a couple of years she moved to a Honda VTR 996.

The kids graduated from high school and moved abroad. The son took his 900RR to the Air Force and the daughter sold her VTR to get to the French Alps.

With them gone I decided I was done with motorcycles and sold my 900RR.

That lasted about 3 months...... I got the shakes seeing no motorcycle in the garage so I found the V-11 Sport on e-bay.

It's all good again, and I have something to ride when the boy comes home.... unless he brings the jet! :drink:

blade.jpg

heres a few pics

69849[/snapback]

My other rides are a 1997 honda V4 Magna( sneaky fast Harley eater), a 2001 honda cbr 600 f4i,a 2000 Kawasaki vulcan nomad 1500( fat,slow,but comfy and real pretty with custom paint, skulls and "real fire" ) and my pride and joy a 2003 v 11 sport ,grigio naked with Ti exhaust kit,and carbon fiber kit. Ahhh, life is good! :mg: