Bitubo steering damper question

bigbikerrick

Why, that "LSL" is exactly the damper I bought as "Shindy!" They are Japanese, no?

Using the lock nut under the upper bracket leaf is a clever solution versus the "spacer" I used to fill the space.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw... this a test of some common dampers.

It shows the Trible Performace really did great job ;)

tribledampertest.jpg

Is that measuring the effects of square wheels? :lol:

Seriously, I don't get it. Can you explain the graph in better detail and how they did the test?

• 7 months later...
SD. I took the 70mm version, because my bike needs only 65mm. The next length they sell is 120. Check their shop using "Lenkungsdämpfer". This shop is piss, by the way, "LSL" for instance will give you 0 results

For the record the 70 mm one just fit the Sporti too, with little margin (be sure to wind the fork side ball joint all the way in). I dremeled out the ball from one of the old ball joints to use as the spacer that was needed in the pinch clamp. Looks and feels fine but I'm yet to try it (still waiting for the camshaft... DOH!).

There are tiny grease zerks on the LSL ball joints. And they feel a little "dry". I'm not sure how to grease them, is that a standard zerk? Did any of you guys bother doing that?

I have a 01 V11 sport, and was reading all this talk about red framed V11's. What exactly is the difference? Sorry to change the subj btw.

-Bill

I don't know the exact figures, but the steering angle and wheelbase is shorter.

I don't know the exact figures, but the steering angle and wheelbase is shorter.

That is true,the RedFrame steering angle is lower (maybe 0.5 degree) and the trail is less, and the wheel base is shorter.

But also, the later frames have more bracing both forward and with-in the subframe for the swingarm. The later rear wheel width was increased to 5.5" and the front forks/clip-ons were changed as well as mounting the headlamp/instruments on frame instead of on forks.

All this in an effort to reduce weave and vibration.

Oh, and notably, the early RedFrames were delivered with very soft, pointy Pirelli Diablo Corsa tires. I don't know if later bikes had more substantial springs, but the early RedFrames were pretty soft.