Good reading

Van

Greetings all !!

:xmas: Best complements of the Season :xmas:

After finding about v50man's unfortunate accident and his pending surgery and down time, l got to thinking about what's a guy to do when you really can't ride :(

The best bike book l've read in a long while is a book by Ted Bishop, a Canadian English Professor who rides ( Duc. Monster)

"RIDING WITH RILKE", "reflections on motorcycles and books", a very good read, well written. :thumbsup:

"MOTORCYCLE DIARY'S" l sort of enjoyed, not enough good stuff about the bike trip!!

"HOG WILD" a story about the Harley thing, but written with so much enthusiasm that it's still a decent read

Any other good bike type books/reads out there ??

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Guest ramon61

"The Perfect Vehicle", by M. H. pierson. I got a copy last Christmas. It is a rumination about motorcycles by a woman who fell in love with an old Guzzi V50.

"The Perfect Vehicle", by M. H. pierson.

71040[/snapback]

I also enjoyed reading it.

She does a good job of conveying the mystique of motorcycling that many of us feel but can't put into words.

Great book to give to a non-motorcyclist to explain why it is that we are attracted to motorcycles.

Jupiters Travels by Ted Simon

Moto Guzzi Big Twins by Greg Field (I also enjoyed his book about HD Softails but I better keep quiet about that!)

Motorcycle Journeys In The Alps And Corsica by John Hermann

The Motorcycle Adventure Handbook by Chris Scott

A few to keep you going!

Guy :helmet:

From a different perspective, try David Hough's books 'Proficient Riding' and Nick Ienatsch 'Sport Riding Techniques' (which, incidentally has a couple good pictures of a '99 or '00 green V11 Sport ).

Oh, and I just orded 'Long way round' on DVD from amazon here in the US. Apparently, it just came out...so we'll see.