who wants MV agusta?

Paul Minnaert

When it comes to carbs, the fewer the better!  A friend is building a small Honda four, mid seventies... I want to say 550 but  :huh2:

Carbs on the thing are a nightmare!  At least he's running K&N's  ;)

I am liking the simplicity of the single Ducati.  One desmo cylinder is enough!

It does appear we now own this thread.  We need Ben in here, his bike wish list has all of them on it I think  :P

Rj

73334[/snapback]

Yeah, I can relate to you not knowing or caring about the Honda! :grin:

It looks like we have squatters rights now! LOL

Nige. B)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but if I wanted to go down the Brutale route I'd take a sharp turn to this one

1096284822.jpg

It's got a frame like your Skorpion and a triple like the triumph, a owner in financial difficulty like the MV ( might cost more than a Euro) A dubious record on build quality on the Tre (like yours and my favorite)

But I think it's nicer than the Brutale - but I wouldn't but one

Sorry but if I wanted to go down the Brutale route I'd take a sharp turn to this one

1096284822.jpg

It's got a frame like your Skorpion and a triple like the triumph, a owner in financial difficulty like the MV ( might cost more than a Euro) A dubious record on build quality on the Tre (like yours and my favorite)

But I think it's nicer than the Brutale - but I wouldn't but one

73339[/snapback]

those tnt's are sweet looking because they are so off, but are you saying they are crap or MV is crap, or both are crap? :huh2:

those tnt's are sweet looking because they are so off, but are you saying they are crap or MV is crap, or both are crap?  :huh2:

73351[/snapback]

Well Ben,

Have you ever seen a TNT close up?

There was a brand new one in the dealers when I bought my Scura. I think the build quality looks a little iffy to be polite.

The clincher for me was it was a brand new bike in the showroom and it had a badly melted headlamp reflector!!

:moon:

Didn't inspire any confidence whatsoever.

Nige. :huh:

I saw aTNT Titanium up close late last autumn.

Darn, it had the most aggressive noise I've ver heard. It was dirty and scruffy, and that suited this bike particularly well. No girliebike, at all. I'd like one.

It also spilled oil all over the showroom, and was due for its fourth engine rebuild under warranty....

so maybe not..

Guest Nogbad

There was a feature in BIKE magazine latter end of last summer about some nutter who rode a TNT across the Sahara. His extra cooling fan fell off and the rear shock exploded, but other than that the rest of the bike made it and was still running afterwards.

It's butt ugly though.

I saw aTNT Titanium up close late last autumn.

Darn, it had the most aggressive noise I've ver heard. It was dirty and scruffy, and that suited this bike particularly well. No girliebike, at all. I'd like one.

It also spilled oil all over the showroom, and was due for its fourth engine rebuild under warranty....

so maybe not..

73405[/snapback]

:unsure: I really liked the looks and performance of these bikes but I can't afford mentally or monetarally that kind of bike. It sounds like a Ferrarri better left to the Dumb Rich man or the Smart Rich mechanic. :unsure:

what the hell is that?

:food:

74244[/snapback]

New Morini Corsaro. 900 cc V twin thing.

Yet another faked up old Italian brand. If you want something V twin and exclusive why not buy a Voxan, at least that is honest about its roots and isn't pretending to have some sort of history.

:2c: WHY NOT MV AGUSTA 996 v twin for same reason.

Yet another faked up old Italian brand. If you want something V twin and exclusive why not buy a Voxan, at least that is honest about its roots and isn't pretending to have some sort of history.

74258[/snapback]

74258[/snapback]

History Schmistory. I still think its hot!! 900? I thought it was a 1200...

Already bought Italian history (Guzzi). History ain't all its cracked up to be.

Rj

History Schmistory.  I still think its hot!!  900?  I thought it was a 1200...

Already bought Italian history (Guzzi).  History ain't all its cracked up to be.

Rj

74319[/snapback]

Well, Guzzi has history. I bought mine for its character and looks though. I think you are right the "Morini" :not: is a 1200. I saw a magazine test of the pre-production models, and apparently the fuelling was way crap and the starters kept failing.

It's not as if you aren't spoiled for choice already on this configuration without buying a cruiser! There are any number of Ducatis, Honda VTR, Suzi SV1000, Buell, Yam MT01, Voxan, probably more. Hey if you really want unusual, get a Hesketh A Real Unusual Bike.

I just don't see the point of reviving another charmer from the embalmer.

Moto Morini - Pah. Pull the other leg. :moon: