who wants MV agusta?

Paul Minnaert

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one at least in Canada but it is registered as a Husqvarna.

72188[/snapback]

now why are they illegal? and really I'd rather have a KTM SD over the Brutale that company is going up up up or the Benelli TNT did a lot better in a shoot out. but illegal? my bike is insured as a Qouta and licensed as just a Guzzi of some sort. :huh2::lol: apparently not in thier books. But illegal that sounds soo canadain.

Are the new Triumphs not "real" Triumphs?

72231[/snapback]

No, they are not.

You cannot demonstrate continuity of any one out of ownership, design, premises, people working there etc. There was also a substantial break in production.

The new Triumphs are good bikes in their own right, but you would be mistaken to buy one because it is a Triumph and your Grandad owned one in 1940. There is no connection beyond marketing hype.

Both MV and Triumph are great examples of badge engineering and branding.

Guzzi by comparison can show continuity. Same goes for Ducati, H-D, Honda and the other big Jap producers, BMW. In the other camp are ventures like Triumph, MV, Morini etc.

I'm not saying these are bad bikes, or not worth buying. What I am saying is they are not worth a cent more for the name on the tank than is a Honda or a Yam. If you think your modern MV has anything to do with the MVs of Agostini you are sadly deluded.

The F4 have what I call an finished design. They are complete, nothing what you can attach as aftermarket will make it look better. Not so with certain guzzi's

72214[/snapback]

thats EXACLTY what I was talking about. I can see no improvements to be made either. :huh2:

kind of boring isn't it? Part from the fun of owning my bike is making it the way I like it. I wouldn't do that with a MV

72335[/snapback]

Once I got my Suzuki the way I wanted it I sold it literally that week maybe a week later. I don't think I will do that with my Guzzi but I'm worried to finish her. :unsure: Part of the fun is working towards getting the parts and puttin it all together. I liked breaking my RC cars more than racing them I had to give it up just too expensive that way. :huh2::lol:

I still have one tho. My paint didn't turn out as nice but I was impatient.

bodyon_512.jpg

Guest tiger956
Proton is selling a 57.5% stake in MV Agusta FOR A NOMINAL SUM OF 1 EURO,

you get the depts with the factory:-)

71975[/snapback]

I'm a buyer :) Paul I got the LeMans up to 110 MPH for a short burst yesterday and i'm leaving for a longer ride today your handle bars arrived yesterday and look perfect thanks for all of your help happy new year Gary

Well I say the current MVs are great bikes....yeah maybe underpowered....maybe too pricey and yes definately in no way related to the original MV save the badge and Phil Read and Ago's endorsements.

But.....they are different....boootiful....and not to be seen on every street corner so I guess they are a little exclusive and perhaps even have a little soul to them...

Hang on....isnt that what we all see in our Guzzis!!!!???

It would be a shame to loose theem as a manufacturer, we need the diversity and freshness they bring to our biking world..

and yes I would luv one....as a piece of art in me lounge if not to ride!

Guest SDKFZ111
But there's no way these bikes can be considered "real" MVs

72216[/snapback]

They look real enough to me! Its an MV,look that's the name on the tank! What else do you want call it! it I bet most people arn't that interested in the lineage of the MVs, they would be just happy to own and ride it. The F4 Agusta has to be the best looking sports bike ever built IMO. New Year regards to all the anoraks out there and fellow Guzzi riders.

This will probably bring howls of protest, but......

How in hades can a company / designer produce a product so exquisitely jewel like and visually spot-on as the F4....

....and then trot out the heinously ugly Brutale....

It just looks like they tore off the fairing and got the first headlight they could find from the scrapyard.

I think it maybe just me :huh2:

Nige. B):P