who wants MV agusta?

Paul Minnaert

in no way related to the original MV

IMO that's a good thing. F.i. in what way is the new Honda Fireblade related to, let's say, the Black Bomber?

MV Agusta is still an exclusive bike for the happy few, as it was 40 years ago.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:2c: ''here....here'' :helmet:

IMO that's a good thing. F.i. in what way is the new Honda Fireblade related to, let's say, the Black Bomber?

MV Agusta is still an exclusive bike for the happy few, as it was 40 years ago.

72841[/snapback]

Are the new Triumphs not "real" Triumphs?

72231[/snapback]

Ever since their start of production, I've called them Hinckley Triumphs. There is no lineage. Even the tank disign is different.

As with the new Triumphs, I can't call the new Nortons 'Nortons', but Dreer Nortons.

Ciao, Steve G.

....and then trot out the heinously ugly Brutale....

It just looks like they tore off the fairing and got the first headlight they could find from the scrapyard.

72838[/snapback]

Precisely why I :P: every time I see one. Tear off the fairing and bolt on the first headlight ya find - a fine thing to do to any bike misfortunate enough to have her beauty hidden by Tupperware.

Rj

Precisely why I  :P:  every time I see one.  Tear off the fairing and bolt on the first headlight ya find - a fine thing to do to any bike misfortunate enough to have her beauty hidden by Tupperware.

Rj

73110[/snapback]

definately a case of 'less is more'....

Nige...U spent ages lookin at that Brutale during TT week!!

Well being different certainely gets people talkin!

Guest PAID BY FORD
Obviously none of us would buy MV the company. But after seeing, riding, and studying the incredible craftsmanship of my buddies Brutale, I would consider buying one, if they were legal into Canada. I don't really care for the looks of the Brutale, but the fit, finish, and performance for a little 750 is pretty good. A 1000 ORO would be it for me!

Ciao, Steve G.

72186[/snapback]

Thats funny, I sold my 2005 agostini this past april, It was a 1000cc and yes it was fast it was pretty and why would you want to modify it? it was gorgeous. I have 7 other bikes all italian all v twins. Just didnt feel emotionally attached to the MV. well its gone now, took the money and bought a new bass boat yes a bass boat. A man has to be versatile in his toys Lol

:2c: me think your sacrifice for your need to kill fish is acceptable..''they are quite uncomfortable to ride afterall..the mv's not the fish..

Thats funny, I sold my 2005 agostini this past april, It was a 1000cc  and yes it was fast it was pretty and why would you want to modify it? it was gorgeous. I have 7 other bikes all italian all v twins. Just didnt feel emotionally attached to the MV. well its gone now, took the money and bought a new bass boat yes a bass boat. A man has to be versatile in his toys Lol

73145[/snapback]

Guest Nogbad

Yeah, the bass boat is an OK swap. I wouldn't worry, it isn't as if the MV was anything other than a modern across the frame 4 with an historic decal and a silly price. Hope it held its value better than most bikes!

Nige,

As the name implies "Brutale".  Its not supposed to liik beautiful like the F4, its supposed to look brutish.  I like them both, for different reasons.

Happy trails :ninja:

73084[/snapback]

Yes, but I would have expected it to gel rather than jar, if not flow like the F4.

I like almost all the other power cruisers, but that one jeez! :vomit:

Nige. B)

Precisely why I  :P:  every time I see one.  Tear off the fairing and bolt on the first headlight ya find - a fine thing to do to any bike misfortunate enough to have her beauty hidden by Tupperware.

Rj

73110[/snapback]

I appreciate and agree with the sentiment, but at least find a headlight that gels with the rest of the bike.

If the first car in the scrapyard had been old Austin Allegro with a rectangular headlamp it couldn't have been worse.

It joins the CX500 in my surprisingly short 'Hate That' list, I'm afraid.

Nige. :vomit:

definately a case of 'less is more'....

Nige...U spent ages lookin at that Brutale during TT week!!

Well being different certainely gets people talkin!

73133[/snapback]

Yes, I have to admit I did. I was trying to grasp the enormity of what they had perpetrated, and find out where it had all gone wrong.

( Looking for the differences and similarites between that and the stunning F4 )

Nige. B)