Gyroscopic Effect

Orson

I know that inline 4's create a gyroscopic effect at higher RPMs that makes the bike want to stand up straight whilst in mid-corner.

My question is...are Guzzis immune to this particular effect due to their longitudal layout?

:rasta:

72375[/snapback]

I don't know about Guzzi's but I know that if I spin around real fast I get very dizzy and taking ANY corner would be pretty much out of the question...but perhaps that's just me. Hope this helps. :2c:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about Guzzi's but I know that if I spin around real fast I get very dizzy and taking ANY corner would be pretty much out of the question...but perhaps that's just me.  Hope this helps.  :2c:

74006[/snapback]

Interestingly, this is also known as the Guinness Syndrome (GS). Modern scientists can explain a lot of the subjects appearing on these pages with GS. This gyroscopic thread might be the clearest indication yet that mixing Original Cabin Fever (OCF) with GS induces strong hallucinations. Another thread that indicates this is the Global Warming thread, the "What time is it"-thread and of course most of the neverending Oil threads. The ECU-threads, on the other hand, are confusing. The mix of impressively clear thinking and obvious mental confusion that runs through these are probably due to massive OCF in its pure original form, from people actually unable to induce GS on themselves. This suspicion strenghtens by the complete absence of dirty language and irrelevance in ECU-threads. Submissions to these threads are just too competent to be true. We can not be fooled. OCF can interestingly be cured by inducing liberal amounts of GS (which CAN be a good thing for most people). GS will in turn cure itself, only leaving the patient basically in a bit of a state but mentally sound.

Dr Zoidberg, PhD

Where does K&N fit into all this?

74040[/snapback]

The oscillation of their sucking so bad can cause head shake overpowering the gyroscopic forces holding up the bike.... or maybe it was the GS that caused the sensation of head shake :huh2::drink: