No Fuel Pump, No Start

Guest ratchethack

[mmmm sorry mike . sp quote=mike wilson,Jan 5 2006, 09:34 PM]

The K&N Thought Police have hexed you. Nothing but Trouble from now on....

8-)))

mike

73209[/snapback]

73218[/snapback]

Sorry, you've lost me there.

[now youv'e ruined it mike..why arn't you at work or something..ciao gazza..quote=g.forrest,Jan 5 2006, 10:43 PM]

[mmmm sorry mike . sp quote=mike wilson,Jan 5 2006, 09:34 PM]

The K&N Thought Police have hexed you. Nothing but Trouble from now on....

8-)))

mike

73209[/snapback]

73218[/snapback]

EDIT:  The relay block was waaaaay too boring.  There was just no excitement to be had there whatsoever.  So I took y'er advice, Carl - and even though the ECU fuse LOOKS PERFECTLY OK, there's NO continuity across it!!!!!

Replaced it and of course, she fired right up!!

I'm truly grateful!  Many Thanks, Carl!

This Forum is the Freakin' New Year Kick-off BOMB! :bier:

Well that's great to hear and of cource, when checking fuses people ,be sure to check with the Ohm meter to get 0 resistance and prove continuity.

I just satrted from the most simple ,(having in mind that the fuses where checked-assuming correctly-and my teacher's advices)

Anyways wrong connecting on the battery can fry the regulator , can fry the ECU chip inside,Yes both have happened in simmilar like mine bikes bikes (actually the first occ. was on mine :P before I bought it. ). or perhaps...whatever else more or less.

:bier:

The main fuse on my Norton once went open circuit and the fuse also looked perfect. Odd.

73228[/snapback]

Not so odd. Out of the billions of fuses produced, some are bound to have a bad weld at the fuse element/terminal junction. Either vibration or a current surge will cause the bad spot to fail and generally, it's down inside the barrel/plastic/ceramic or somewhere not visible. BTDT too many times in 30+ years of electroncs from microvolts to megavolts.

Guest Nogbad

Vibration and corrosion must be an issue here. I know if it happened to me I wouldn't want to believe it was an ECU fault unless it repeatedly blew, although wasn't someone having persistent ECU fuse problems even after an ECU swap?

I tell ya, Ratchethack, If it wasnt for this forum, I would not be riding a Guzzi, and thats no bullshit, I think I would ride a Buell instead of my beloved V 11. Albeit, Ive been riding motorcycles for 37 years, owned almost all brands ,and no bike feels as good as a Guzzi.... never fails to put a smile on my face! :mg:

73192[/snapback]

100% agree...even the Buell part. Rode 'em...like 'em

and parts grow on trees around here.

Vibration and corrosion must be an issue here. I know if it happened to me I wouldn't want to believe it was an ECU fault unless it repeatedly blew, although wasn't someone having persistent ECU fuse problems even after an ECU swap?

73237[/snapback]

Yeah, that's me. 30+ years of electronics knowledge and I can't figure this one out. I came up with a new way to test it this morning, so tomorrow, given time, I'll see if I can reproduce the failure without having to be on the bike on a public road.