oh, btw...

staedtler

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends on where you were raised -- and WHEN you grew up.

What the rest of the world calls football has never intrigued or interested me.

American football -- especially when the underrated Longhorns take it to the "royal" Trojans -- now THAT is good stuff.

Congrats to you and yours, Staedtler. Hopefully, Vince will prove to be the real deal (translation: a non-porcelain Michael Vick with a solid football MIND).

Eurofriends -- don't knock it 'til you've watched it...

The Atlanta GIMP

Guest Nogbad
Wouldn't have a shot with those (mostly) hotties anyway I'm a dork.  :nerd:

73488[/snapback]

I hope for your sake that your wife does not read this......... :unsure:

Eurofriends -- don't knock it 'til you've watched it...

A few years back I've watched a NFL-Europe game, Amsterdam Admirals vs Cologne Galaxy (?), in Amsterdam. (I won some free tickets...) and I must say it needs getting used to. I can see that the players are athletes (even when they're called "Fridge") and as with all sports only when you know the basic rules, you can appreciate it.

What I didn't like is the endless interruptions and pauses. That way they can fit in the commercials, cheerleaders, hotdog salesmen and of course the obligatory game statistics.

I see US sports (baseball, football and in a lesser way hockey and basketball) as sport events, not as sport matches. The match being part of the event, not the event itself, as it ought to be imo.

A few years back I've watched a NFL-Europe game, Amsterdam Admirals vs Cologne Galaxy (?), in Amsterdam. (I won some free tickets...) and I must say it needs getting used to. I can see that the players are athletes (even when they're called "Fridge") and as with all sports only when you know the basic rules, you can appreciate it.

What I didn't like is the endless interruptions and pauses. That way they can fit in the commercials, cheerleaders, hotdog salesmen and of course the obligatory game statistics.

I see US sports (baseball, football and in a lesser way hockey and baseball) as sport events, not as sport matches. The match being part of the event, not the event itself, as it ought to be imo.

73521[/snapback]

you gotta give us hockey, They don't cut away for anything unless there is an injury or called time, end of period or major penalty sometimes for icing but come'on do you guys actually watch soccer? I used to play(poorly) and I feel soccer is a game much more enjoyed on the field than watching it as most sports probably but I just can't get into 90min of sweaty guys running around passing and barely ever scoring or doing anything exciting, Kinda the same way I feel about Nascar 2 hours of watching guys try not to crash see a couple crashes but really its not that great unless youre there close up or in the car. :huh2:

I'll give you basketball-joke

pro-football joke, College football much more entertaining

Baseball can be crap if its a big team watch two lesser teams go at it and its like they don't stop for anything just can't wait to get it over. :lol:

And Golf, The single hardest but yet most boring sport to actually watch.

thats all I got for no, don't get me started on womans sports, you should hear what the wife has to say about'em would be REAL sexist if she wasn't a woman. :lol: god bless'er :wub:

Thanks for the pix, Staedtler and Orangieokie. I'm beginning to understand the attraction of American football. Soccer players aren't half so good-looking. Seriously, I would never knock anything I hadn't tried: my willingness to give anything a go is legendary among my friends. I fear I'm a bit too old to caper about with a pom-pom, although I suppose you can do what you like in your own back-yard!

Thanks for the pix, Staedtler and Orangieokie. I'm beginning to understand the attraction of American football. Soccer players aren't half so good-looking. Seriously, I would never knock anything I hadn't tried: my willingness to give anything a go is legendary among my friends. I fear I'm a bit too old to caper about with a pom-pom, although I suppose you can do what you like in your own back-yard!

73533[/snapback]

You are never too old to caper about with a pom-pom. Just don't send us any pictures.

To hell with the football, I'll settle for the cheerleaders anyday.

BY the way there's:

1 American football,

2 soccer,

3 Rugby football,

4 Aussie rules football, which is a derivative of....,

5 My personal favourite, Garlic Football, an Irish invention where amateur hairy madmen play for the county's pride in an extremely fast and tough game. Vaguely rugby, mixed with soccer, played with a round ball. And older then the lot.

I think.

Guest Nogbad
Garlic football is a french game.

73554[/snapback]

You got me thinking.... Have the French invented any games? Tennis maybe? But then isn't modern tennis rather different from the original version?

Ah, I've got it.... Running!......AWAY!

You got me thinking.... Have the French invented any games? Tennis maybe? But then isn't modern tennis rather different from the original version?

Ah, I've got it.... Running!......AWAY!

73557[/snapback]

Naw. That's the Italians. Maybe that's why their bikes are so fast....

For Sale. Italian army rifle. Never been fired. Only dropped once!

Who's next?