Transmission and FD oil change

Kannon

I'm really not trying to start an oil thread here, I have a question on just one product, so please bear with me.

Has anyone used "Redline Heavy Duty Shockproof" gear lube in the transmission and final drive of their V-11. I have used this stuff for years in my BMWs and would like to use it in my '02 LeMans.

I would like to hear from anyone with experience with this product in late model Moto Guzzis.

Thanks,

I think you'll find quite a following here for the Red Line products in your Guzzi. :thumbsup:

Of course, there's also quite a following for yak tallow and certain unmentionable Rhino excretions only found in dark garages downunder.

Remember, you started it. :D

Guest SFGUZZI

Kannon.

I currently have RHS in my 03 v11, shifts fantastic, box seems to be abit noisier then my 01 v11 with dino oil.

I'm really not trying to start an oil thread here, I have a question on just one product, so please bear with me.

Has anyone used "Redline Heavy Duty Shockproof" gear lube in the transmission and final drive of their V-11.  I have used this stuff for years in my BMWs and would like to use it in my '02 LeMans.

I would like to hear from anyone with experience with this product in late model Moto Guzzis.

Thanks,

73805[/snapback]

I am like a religious fanatic when it comes to RSH. I put it in my v 11s gearbox when it had 3K miles due to a slight seepage from the rear part of the box dripping on the crossover and smelling like shite at every stop. The RSH stopped the leak and here at 8K miles still not a drop has leaked. It shifts smooth as butter,and the gearbox just seems quieter to me,especially in the summer. ( I live in the Arizona desert where temps of 105 F are common) Of course I also run it in my rear end( the bikes that is) :grin: I put it in my nomads rear end and it runs MUCH cooler also. I love this stuff! and as a bonus it looks like a delicious strawberry milkshake.... :wub::thumbsup: