GAU-2B Chain Gun

orangeokie

Any former/active miltary folks on here familiar with the GAU-2B Gatling Gun used in Air Force and Navy/Marine Corps aircraft. Fires a 7.62mm round, at 2000 rounds per minute. Check out the new GAU-2B exhaust for your Guzzi Cruiser . . . kpm134-s.jpg

Click pic for link

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any former/active miltary folks on here familiar with the GAU-2B Gatling Gun used in  Air Force and Navy/Marine Corps aircraft. Fires a 7.62mm round, at 2000 rounds per minute. Check out the new GAU-2B exhaust for your Guzzi Cruiser . . . kpm134-s.jpg

Click pic for link

I'd like the whole system :D

What's next? Rotating hub caps? This is so wrong....

74254[/snapback]

..... actually, for those that can't get the "financing" for the spinner wheels, we actually DO have the cheapo spinning hubcaps already over here :bbblll:

If you thought the spinner wheels were stupid looking.... :wacko:

I think there's two different calibers.

I think there are 2 different callipers. The other is quite bigger , I think is a 20mm

System is also used also in ship anti-missle anti-aircraft gun known a Phalanx with 4600 or so RPM.

Yep that's right Phalanx Gun

Yep they had this Uranium type panetrating ammunition stuff in the and had to curry them boxes with special gloves.Was amazing to watch it firing -_-

Edited by Alex-Corsa

I had the joy of standing next to one of these (thier sometimes called R2D2 with a hard on :P ) during a test fire. Double hearing protection and it still almost to loud. Not to mention it almost rattled the fillings out of my teeth. REALLY cool though. :P:

These are the most common in the "GAU" familiy. Rates of fire can vary depending on where you look, what model and what it is applied to.

GAU-2 7.62mm 2,000-4,000 RPM

GAU-8 "Avenger" 30mm 2,100-4,200 RPM

GAU-12 "Equalizer" 25mm 3,600-4,200 RMP

GAU-13 30mm, 1,030 RPM

GAU-17 7.62 2,00-4,000 RPM

One thing in common, they all will give you religion one way or another when fired! :o