Triumph 675 Video

orangeokie

i really, really fancy that bike.

it's quite "cheap" (around 10.000 Euros)

it's a triple

it's light and it looks not bad

it would make an awesome trackday bike

but then I would have to sell the Ghezzi so noooo waaaaay :)

I wish they had made a high performance twin, instead.

Something like the Ninja 650, but with 99HP....All they need is two of the three Daytona 955 Cylinders, plus maybe a little wider bore, out to maybe 750cc or WTF, 1000cc.

I kind of like the idea of a new bike having just under 100HP, to encourage you to modify it and break 100HP.

Unfortunately our bike won't make 100HP easily...

The video is like watching paint dry? So what's to look at? A bike going fast on a racetrack! Well Derr!!!! :homer:

Sorry, but I think that that sort of *suggested* performance is silly, unless of course you are intending to go RACING! On the road it's about as much use as a rat sandwich. Just another marketing ploy that will end up seeing further 'Let's Ban These Death Machines From Our Roads' publicty from the mental defectives in transport departments world wide and the 'Road Safety Lobby' (Guffaw!!!) :huh2::vomit:

Pete

:2c: what do you ride again pete,,and where do you live gulgong? :huh2:

The video is like watching paint dry? So what's to look at? A bike going fast on a racetrack! Well Derr!!!! :homer:

Sorry, but I think that that sort of *suggested* performance is silly, unless of course you are intending to go RACING! On the road it's about as much use as a rat sandwich. Just another marketing ploy that will end up seeing further 'Let's Ban These Death Machines From Our Roads' publicty from the mental defectives in transport departments world wide and the 'Road Safety Lobby' (Guffaw!!!) :huh2:  :vomit:

Pete

74613[/snapback]

I'm with you Pete.... I mean that's what fast bikes do right... go fast on a racetrack.

However put that performance in a Thruxton & maybe you'll have my attention.

and why is the Triumph parallel twin to aneamic? just the same old design? :huh2:

n_s_S!

Pete

74613[/snapback]

sure, the video is terrible, but there you have what i think is a great trackday bike.

it's nimble, reasonably priced, it's not everyone's R6, and if it's as joyous as the Speed Triple engine it's a blast !

i know not everyone is excited about racetracks, but I am...

MY god that is a sweet bike, Only $9,000 list here :P: its like everything I like about the R6 and is missing everything I don't. Its not Jap its 3(more mid torq) Only thing why don't they get this over with and make a 750??? 600, 650, 675 and I'm not sure was there a 625 or some odd number in there as well? I say just go 750 is there an advantage to 675? but 126hp is rather impressive. :food: I hate the fact that there are so many good bikes on the market and I have no way to choose(not that I need to decide now :huh2: )

I'd get this one :race:

pictures.htmdaytonafull.jpg

:2c: what do you ride again pete,,and where do you live gulgong?  :huh2:

74615[/snapback]

I ride a 'vert currently but I suspect when my Griso arrives the 'Vert will get less use. I wasn't saying it was a bad bike, far from it, as a track tool it looks pretty damn good, but as an everyday ride? In my humble opinion, (and remember, it is just that, my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.) racebike performance on the road and the way it's sold to young, inexperienced, punters is dangerous. I'm not saying that these machines should be banned or any such thing, just that I think the marketing of them is irresponsible and the vast majority of young turks who buy them are completely out of their depth.

As for going fast? I love it! the only reason I don't ride our racebike is because a.) I can't ride to save my life! I'd be a horrible mobile chicane on the track! and b.) I get a lot of pleasure from building the motors and transmissions and that's where my enjoyment of racing comes from. As far as riding is concerned I far prefer going for a fang in the country to circulating competitively on the track. No, I don't 'Observe the speed limit at all times' , even my 'vert will crack 100mph if I find a well greased mine-shaft and a following wind :grin: but I'm accutely aware that I have to share the roads, (Some of which are in pretty poor condition.) with errant wildlife, farmers towing dead steers along behind tractors, livestock that still is, livestock that isn't, and any number of inattentive boneheads who are probably doing at least half a dozen things that have NOTHING to do with controling their vehicles! I'm not going to ride any machine with race performance anywhere near it's limits on the public road, to do so is suicidal and to ride them well below their limits is BORING!

Pete

Guest Steve_W
Only thing why don't they get this over with and make a 750??? 600, 650, 675 and I'm not sure was there a 625 or some odd number in there as well? I say just go 750 is there an advantage to 675?

Why go to a 750? Is there some advantage to it? Will that make it a better bike? Frankly, making it a 750 would just encourage every unimaginative toad rest editor out there to compare it to the only 750 sport bike left, the Suzuki GSX-R. Even as a 750, the triple would likely lose; it just doesn't have the power. Heck, even the other Japanese companies won't compete with the Gixxer. It's a 675 because (1) it doesn't fit into a convenient "category" so it will likely be judged on its own merits AND no one will try to race it; and (2) no one else makes one. Triumph already tried going head-to-head with the Japanese, and they aren't interested in that losing proposition.

Guest Steve_W

Finally watched the video...

Methinks all those bikes were equipped with Triumph's "off-road" muffler. I seriously doubt any government agency would allow it to sound that good! It's a good bet that a lot of people will spend the money to get that pipe before the bike leaves the dealership.

Steve W.

P.S. Is that what you meant, Antonio, that buyers must spend extra money to get that sound?