Copyrighted material

Admin Jaap

Lately there is been an increase on law suits about the unlawful use of pictures, drawings and other copyrighted material on the internet.

Especially german lawyers are very active. The german Guzzi forum had to pay big bucks for showing copyrighted material in one of their threads.

Being an international forum, the threat of a law suit isn't that big, but I'd rather not take chances. The site's disclaimer is not enough to avoid the wrath of overactive lawyers.

So here it is: please think twice before you show pics directly from another site.

A link to a picture or a site is no problem and pictures/drawings you have made yourself: no problem too.

An example of a definite nono: the comic Tikkanen shows in his signature.

I know part of the fun of this forum is it's freedom, but I don't want to be held personally responsable for the use of copyrighted material by members.

Especially german lawyers are very active.

74803[/snapback]

yes, it's getting real bad there. My german record company cant' even host mp3's of his recent release of an album i done on his label without having to pay ADDITIONAL rights to GEMA (rights company) EVEN if i sign a paper saying "it's ok, it's the record company who releases the record, all rights have already been paid".

so, yes, jaap, you're very right to tell everone to beware...

This might be a good time to look in your storage space on this server and delete any pictures that need deleting. Simply click on "My Controls" , then click on "Manage Your Attachments" (part of the 'Options' menu) and review your picture files.

Point taken, Jaap. I'll edit my signature straight away.

Cheers

Søren

• 7 years later...

Weird... I tried to upload above image and got the same error message. Tried it for the second time and it worked!

I think you only can use the image button in the editor and not manually type [ img ]...[ /img ]