My Paul Smart 1000le

Guest PAULSMART

Guest PAULSMART

Finally got round to downloading the camera.

Hopefully, photo is attached of 'staged' key ceremony following the delivery of my new bike to thehouse and garage. I'm also holding my other new delivery, wrapped in green blanket, my then 6 week old son Charlie (15 weeks old now).

The V11 is partially still covered by old bed sheet, and probably sulking!!!

Due to winter neither bike was touched for 6 weeks, so at Xmas I decided to start them up:

Guzzi - chug, chug, chug, broooommm...... :grin:

New Ducati - dead battery................Hmmmm!!! :huh2: it explained why the dealer had fitted an optimate lead without any request from me.

Also, since getting the Ducati I joined a ducati forum, the comparison in what gets posted it quite differnent, to be honest I don't think I'm on the same wavelength as the new breed of Ducati owners - this forum is by far superior, and reason enough to keep the V11.

Cheers

Paul Smart

yes - I had to buy the ducati with my name on it....

post-453-1137745382_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the new born and bike!

Being a new Classic Sport 1000 owner, I have not found any Ducati groups out there that have any owners of the Paul Smart or Sport 1000.

Been on the DML (Ducati Monster List) site a few show interest in the bike but that is about it.

I have already installed the Termignoni dual exhaust which can be made to be just as quite as the stock mufflers or loud as in Nascar Loud. I made my own exhaust restrictors to make the exhaust louder than stock but more quite than the open baffle. Sport1000pipe1.jpgSport1000pipe2.jpg

Have fun with your new born, and have fun when you can get away on your new ride!

Mike

Well done! I truly believe that the new Sport Classics will be the savior of Ducati. Their Sport and Super Sport bikes are selling very poorly, and the Multi Strada series in Europe only. The Monster bikes are still doing well, but long on the tooth.

The Paul Smart is a beautiful machine. One of the 2 dealers in my nearest city [Vancouver] brought in the maximum alloted 8 of the Paul Smarts, and as of Jan 14th, all were already sold, as well as all of their alottement of Sport 1000's.

I was allowed to sit on one, and found the sitting position/handlbar position to be agressive. If the machine did not look so bloody nice, I would have rejected it right then and there. But there is no denying it is true eye candy!!

Ciao, Steve G.

Congratulations Paul!!

There is a possibility that the next Sport Classic launched will be based upon the old 750 F1's looks.

Source of rumour- MCN so take it with a pinch of salt until we acually see it but in theory sounds good.

Guy :helmet:

Mike- know exactly what you mean on the ducati forum... not even slightly close... dry to the bone. I now have to talk to "live" mechanics....to get good info.... on that forum, I know as much as most of them do, or, what's worse, more -- very scary. Plus, it seems to lack a certain something...

There is a possibility that the next Sport Classic launched will be based upon the old 750 F1's looks.

75166[/snapback]

F1.jpg

i think it would be awesome and if that rumour is true, i'll be first in line.

I don't like the Classics series. Well, i think they're ok but far too nostalgic for me and the bloody exhausts are terrible, IMHO.

but that F1 replica has got all the right features...

Paul, being able to buy a bike with your own name must be special. I couldn't resist either. And having 2 new babies at once is great.

Mike that termis look great, how does it work with the different sound levels, do they have an insert with it? It looks like they have little volume for damping material.

These pipes would be good on the griso

That F1 is beautiful!! Tri-colour!!! :P: I could make room for that in my living room! I like the way the bike and car manufacturers are headed. Finally, models to get excited about. Has anyone seen the Dodge Challenger that's probably coming out in 2007/8? That's the first new car in decades that I would go to great lengths to own........ :wub:

F1.jpg

i think it would be awesome and if that rumour is true, i'll be first in line.

I don't like the Classics series. Well, i think they're ok but far too nostalgic for me and the bloody exhausts are terrible, IMHO.

but that F1 replica has got all the right features...

75179[/snapback]

Paul,

Yes, there is a removeable baffle that is just a choked down tube with holes in it. Makes alot of difference in loudness with out the baffle. I just made a larger version but without all the small holes drilled in it. Sounds healthy without being Harley loud.

Mike

Paul, being able to buy a bike with your own name must be special. I couldn't resist either. And having 2 new babies at once is great.

Mike that termis look great, how does it work with the different sound levels, do they have an insert with it? It looks like they have little volume for damping material.

These pipes would be good on the griso

75182[/snapback]

Paul,

Yes, there is a removeable baffle that is just a choked down tube with holes in it.  Makes alot of difference in loudness with out the baffle.  I just made a larger version but without all the small holes drilled in it.  Sounds healthy without being Harley loud.

Mike

75240[/snapback]

but I like harley loud, LOUD pipes SAVE lives man

cp711.jpg

That is So true, So true

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Keg...s45yg3hg5al.gif

Edited by Admin Jaap