UK Track Day

Guest Nogbad

I am going to book a Cadwell track day with Hopp Rider Training on Tuesday May 9th. Cost per person is £140. I did one of their days before and really enjoyed it, you won't get any hooliganism or idiocy and no-one fell off.

Is anyone interested in coming with me? I will be riding up the day before and will probably book 2 nights accommodation so I don't need to ride back straight afterwards.

:race:

Do you have a loaner bike? I might come.

75111[/snapback]

Unfortunately not myself, but if you are serious I might be able to persuade someone else to lend you one.

Well now. That is a really nice surprise. I actually may be crossing the water in May to visit my neice so now I will have to make those plans match up. I wonder what they will think of my leathers when they check me at customs.....

By the way I really would enjoy having a ride but mostly I would have a lot of fun just coming to a track day and meeting you fellows! I'll keep in touch on this one!

One possible problem at Cadwell when it comes to guests from abroad- because it is one of the Jonathan Palmer circuits they insist on you producing a valid driving licence before going on track- if Jim wanted a ride we would need to investigate this first and check that a Canadian licence is ok.

Guy :helmet:

I guess the best thing to do is book individually, and keep in touch via the thread. Last time I went it was a good day, quite intensive. I regret not getting local accom last time for the night after. I didn't use the last session, realising if I did I would be too tired to ride the 120 miles home.

Nogbad, what does the day involve? How much/what sort tracktime?

Thanks, KB :sun:

75151[/snapback]

If you click on the link there is a full explanation. Your bike must be road legal with everything working. In the B and C groups there is tuition in the morning and free group sessions in the afternoon. If you are group A it is different and you use a separate booking form. Last time I went the A group were very fast, but as a crap old fart I would never aspire to join them. I will be happy to get into group B!

It won't be a hooligan trackday, as they try to teach stuff you can transfer to the road.

Road legal? No noisy pipes? Normally not a problem at Cadwell but I will ring them before booking as I refuse to put the horrible standard pipes back on.

Guy :helmet:

75188[/snapback]

No you are OK up to 105 decibels. What they mean is no "track bikes" brought there in a van!

If you are not wearing one of this, it will be a piece of a cock.....ooops sorry, a piece of a cake :P

75213[/snapback]

Antonio, is there something you are not telling us????