V11 Bronzo Corsa

Beuphonium

Salutations!

Call me crazy, but I was bitten (once again) by the Guzzi bug (for a wide variety of reasons I can delve into later). Regardless, the object of my desire being a LeMans Nero Corsa, I set about attempting to locate one, which I did, only to have it sold out from under me.

Since then I have discovered that Nero Corsas seem to have been manufactured, much like the parts for my V65SP, from pure unobtanium. Thus, I decided to invest in a Cafe Sport, as I really wanted the ohlins setup.

Again, I may be crazy for asking, but exactly what would be involved to turn this thing into a bronzo-corsa? Having sat on both the LeMans and the Ballabio I can say that I very much prefer the feel the Lemans has over the high-handlebar setup.

My understanding is that I'd need the lemans faring, all the related hardware, clip ons, a new top clamp, dash plate... etc etc etc. Any experiences doing this?

Would I be better off attempting to find a Magni kit?

Anyway, I'm usually not the type to be taking apart a brand-new machine, but after three months of searching for what I wanted to no avail, the only available option seems to be to make it. Hopefully I'll be able to get it set up

Thanks,

Joe K

-84 V65SP

-04 V11 Cafe Sport

-73 MGB

This is not to hard to do, if you have the parts, one afternoon will do. From time to time on ebay are complete sets for sale. There is one in germany who bought all stock from guzzi v11 parts, www.hmb-guzzi.de ,mail him if he has the parts for you .

Ah - you have seen this ('04 Nero) listing here for this one for sale? :huh2:

2,389 miles; perfect condition. Added M.G. luggage rack and have factory service manual. $12,000 OBO. Can deliver to some areas of country (USA). Pictures available on request. (479) 213-0605 kuna@centurytel.net.

Guest v-twinfant
Salutations!

Call me crazy, but I was bitten (once again) by the Guzzi bug (for a wide variety of reasons I can delve into later). Regardless, the object of my desire being a LeMans Nero Corsa, I set about attempting to locate one, which I did, only to have it sold out from under me.

Since then I have discovered that Nero Corsas seem to have been manufactured, much like the parts for my V65SP, from pure unobtanium. Thus, I decided to invest in a Cafe Sport, as I really wanted the ohlins setup.

Again, I may be crazy for asking, but exactly what would be involved to turn this thing into a bronzo-corsa? Having sat on both the LeMans and the Ballabio I can say that I very much prefer the feel the Lemans has over the high-handlebar setup.

My understanding is that I'd need the lemans faring, all the related hardware, clip ons, a new top clamp, dash plate... etc etc etc. Any experiences doing this?

Would I be better off attempting to find a Magni kit?

Anyway, I'm usually not the type to be taking apart a brand-new machine, but after three months of searching for what I wanted to no avail, the only available option seems to be to make it. Hopefully I'll be able to get it set up

Thanks,

Joe K

-84 V65SP

-04 V11 Cafe Sport

-73 MGB

75395[/snapback]

If your'e still in the market, I've got a sweet 2004 LeMans with Guzzi factory titanium pipes, ECU, Stucchi x-over and open airbox kit, less than 3000 miles for $7000.00 Bike's in Columbus, Georgia

If your'e still in the market, I've got a sweet 2004 LeMans with Guzzi factory titanium pipes, ECU, Stucchi x-over and open airbox kit, less than 3000 miles for $7000.00  Bike's in Columbus, Georgia

75482[/snapback]

jesus, where were you when I was looking for a guzzi, um 2 years ago... I guess that bike was new then. :homer:

Regardless, the object of my desire being a LeMans Nero Corsa, I set about attempting to locate one, which I did, only to have it sold out from under me.

Thus, I decided to invest in a Cafe Sport, as I really wanted the ohlins setup.

75395[/snapback]

The Nero Corsa is a beautiful machine. It is also the same as a Rosso Corsa. Have you considered buying a Rosso Corsa?

There is a nice, low-mileage example in the classifieds.

Guest MotoMessiah
If your'e still in the market, I've got a sweet 2004 LeMans with Guzzi factory titanium pipes, ECU, Stucchi x-over and open airbox kit, less than 3000 miles for $7000.00  Bike's in Columbus, Georgia

75482[/snapback]

If I could figure out how to register that in California (sadly used vehicles here have to have a minimum of 7500K on the clock) I would all over that. Hmm. Thinking quickly... <_<

If I could figure out how to register that in California (sadly used vehicles here have to have a minimum of 7500K on the clock) I would all over that. Hmm. Thinking quickly... <_>

75626[/snapback]

Sheesh, that's easy. Go home by way of Canada. :bier:

Guest MotoMessiah
Sheesh, that's easy.  Go home by way of Canada. :bier:

75630[/snapback]

I did think of that. But the weather...

Anyone let me store it till spring? :P:

If I could figure out how to register that in California (sadly used vehicles here have to have a minimum of 7500K on the clock) I would all over that. Hmm. Thinking quickly... <_>

75626[/snapback]

Can you get a loan of a speedo with over 7500 miles on it and fit it to the bike :huh2::whistle:

Guest MotoMessiah
Can you get a loan of a speedo with over 7500 miles on it and fit it to the bike :huh2:  :whistle:

75633[/snapback]

That would work if the seller would be interested in lying on the title transfer as I believe mileage has to be entered. Hmm... :food:

All Guzzis of the last what, 10 years, are 50-state legal, so it wouldn't need the 7,500 miles.

This is why the Breva 1100 was delayed until December, or at least that's the latest excuse those Aprilia bastards deigned to offer.

And, as I think I told you on the phone, Cafe Sports, new, are $9,990. If you buy the mounts to move the silly Billy Bob fairing in so it turns with the bars, a la the Scura and Rosso Mandello, it will look kick-ass cool and offer some small increase in wind protection.

This is what I am doing to my own Billy Bob, with a Coppa tank and fairing, though. It'll be almost too purty to ride . . .

Guest MotoMessiah
And, as I think I told you on the phone, Cafe Sports, new, are $9,990. If you buy the mounts to move the silly Billy Bob fairing in so it turns with the bars, a la the Scura and Rosso Mandello, it will look kick-ass cool and offer some small increase in wind protection.

75693[/snapback]

Unless I'm making phone calls in my sleep I think that was some one else. -_-