V11 Bronzo Corsa

Beuphonium

Actually, I believe I did talk to you on the phone regarding this particular predicament. I've been able to obtain a cafe sport for an extremely good price, still in the crate. I'm thinking more and more about the scura-style solution, at least until I can obtain all the parts necessary to put the larger faring on. From what I've been able to gather, I'm going to have to put a different top clamp on to be able to use the factory clip-ons. I've got a few parts diagrams from the Aprilia spares site but I'm still unsure as to exactly what would be necessary. There's a guy here locally that's got some sort of honda front-faring on his v11 sport, and may be willing to make a deal regarding some / all of the original parts.

Anyway, what I suppose I'm looking for is a "parts list" of sorts... from what I understand the Guzzi front faring is a 4 piece unit, plus the air-vents + windscreen, and uses a different mount than the one for the small screen? There seems to be a lot of small parts associated with the switch.

Unfortunatly I'm 2200 miles away from my garage full of tools too.. so doing this is going to need to be able to be done with relative simplicity.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the machine either way...

- Joe K

Hey Joe, is your garage full of tools in Cali or Chicago ?

If you're in California and close to LA, swing by motoguzziclassics. They can pretty much prefab anything you need Or order in the OEM fairing bits.

I know this coz i was talking to Mark E. about something similar at one point, turning my green V11 sport into a copy of the original "new" Lemans protoype.

website is

http://www.motoguzziclassics.com

I did think of that. But the weather...

Anyone let me store it till spring?  :P:

75631[/snapback]

Plenty of garage space in ATL -- a couple hours from Columbus...

v50

I see a complete le mans fairing in germany for sale:

http://35229.rapidforum.com/topic=101376164781

What you need else are a set handlebars, headlight.

To triple clamps are the same, the mold part is, only you have some holes left over from the mounting now.

If you cant read german, http://www.worldlingo.com/en/websites/url_translator.html

...the object of my desire being a LeMans Nero Corsa, I set about attempting to locate one, which I did, only to have it sold out from under me.

75395[/snapback]

Sorry, man, looks like I might have been the guy who bought the Nero Corsa out from under you...

FWIW, I really like your idea of a "Bronzo Corsa". That'll be one classy looking machine!!!

I've seen a Coppa Italia with color-matched LeMans fairing and it, too, looked like a million bucks !!!

Here I am with the Nero Corsa today. (I'm on the left).

54377313-M.jpg

My intro thread:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7121

Greetings-

Well, the dealer called today. By this time tomorrow I should have at least a few hundred miles on my brand-new cafe sport. Shame really to be thinking about taking apart a brand-new machine but we'll see how it goes over the weekend with the high bars and forward mounted faring.

I have heard that guzzi will be getting better at supplying spares... anyone know if this is true or not, or just wishful thinking?

- Joe K

Greetings yet again...

I picked up my new cafe-sport yesterday- quite the ride I must say. I'm extremely satisfied with my purchase.

I am convinced, however, that I'd be much better off if the faring turned with the bars. Perhaps it's just because it's what I"m used to... regardless, the fun will begin soon.

I'm actually up for grabs right now as to whether or not I want to try to put the clip-on's on.. the bars weren't all that bad.

Let the experimentation begin.....

- Joe K